Don't you wish you could see who gives you thumbs down votes?

I put a lot of thought into the answers I give people on here. I don't just shoot from the hip. And sometimes I even research things before I give an answer. So it pisses me off when people give me a thumbs down just because they don't have the same opinion as me. When I thumbs down people it is because they are flat out wrong in their answers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I pretty much know which people thumbs down me . .. sooner or later you find out whi really dislikes what you have to say.

So, I actually don't thumbs down anyone. I only thumb up the ones I agree with.

I even have given the ups to a few of my haters.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I understand what you mean, but I think that it prevents fights.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• nah...no more than i wish to know who you are, op. doesn't matter much to me.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Nope..

When the thumbs up/thumbs down buttons first became available. You could see who gave a thumbs down as well.. It caused even more drama and discord around here than just normally happens anyway. Seeing who gives a thumbs down would serve no purpose other than to fuel more petty bickering among members, more individuals deliberately picking on one others, and more clique'ish/clannish behavior like there is in many of the groups.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:46 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Maybe I don't get in here enough, but I don't notice a lot of bickering and cliques. They are disagreements from time to time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• The reason you do not notice it,it doesn't happen a whole lot. Mainly because of things like: seeing who gives you a thumbs down isn't available..it's not set up for quoting so people can just bicker back and forth..limited typing space..etc.. When it (seeing who voted thumbs down) was available, those things did start happening here in the Answers section.. That's one of the main reasons why it was changed to not being able to see who votes who down.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2011