Is it possible to have a period and still be pregnant?

I have had very strong pregnancy symptoms since the 7th of this month. I have taken both urine and blood tests but both show I am not pregnant. For 3 days I felt my uterus stretching like it did with my first child. My appetite has increased a lot. Then my breasts became sore and have even gotten heavier. My figure looks as if I am pregnant, I see a baby bump. A month ago I wore a very flattering dress to a wedding and was showing off my flat belly to the family. I look and FEEL pregnant. I feel nauseous all the time and can't sleep well. I was supposed to have my period by the 4th of May and did not. Now on the 17th of June I appear to be having a period. I am very confused. Has this happened to anyone? I still believe I'm pregnant and will be making an appointment Monday to see an OBGYN. Now that I've had a period I don't know what to think. This is so Crazy!

tresa2steppin

Asked by tresa2steppin at 7:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can not have a period and be pregnant. You can bleed while you are pregnant though.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Blood and Urine tests were negative! You are having your cycle!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• You can have spotting and bleeding during pregnancy but not an actual period. I would lean more towards maybe something is up with your hormones but that you are not pregnant.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Jeremysmom is right you cannot have an actual period while pregnant. You can bleed in early pregnancy and that is often mistaken for a period. Have you taken a test? I would do that and definitely go see your doctor just to make sure everything is ok.
    cowboysgirl3227

Answer by cowboysgirl3227 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• yes it is possible......
    taratennant60

Answer by taratennant60 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Since the test are negative, it's hard to say. It is possible to bleed while you're pregnant though.
    Tink05215

Answer by Tink05215 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I had a neighbor who was on the pill, got her period and one day she found out she was 6 months pregnant. There have been other women that have had bleeding or periods, whatever you want to call it during pregnancy. I feel very sorry for them, it's the only time we can have a break from them until menopause, which causes it's own problems.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2011