Ron Paul AFTER the Debate w/ Anderson Cooper

Video Link

Paul talks about his position on foreign policy, his faith and how it pertains to government, and the concept of legislating morality.

-Eilish-

Asked by -Eilish- at 7:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I am guessing your question is just to comment on the video link.

We follow Ron Paul a lot in our household. I personally love many of his viewpoints and I want to vote for him. I am worried that his plans go against many people's agendas in the united states and whether we want him to be in office or not, somehow he will never be there. My concern is the votes that could be spent on a mainstream republican candidate to get Obama out of office might be wasted on Ron Paul.

About the video, I do think we spread ourselves too thin and that is showing in our economy and rapid increasing debt. I would like to think we can help people all over the world when they need us, but I think we should work on our country more than we have been.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 2:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My concern is the votes that could be spent on a mainstream republican candidate to get Obama out of office might be wasted on Ron Paul.

I too follow Ron Paul (I have since he ran in 08), and Paul commands support not just from libertarian Republicans, but fiscal conservative Democrats and Indies as well. He doesn't command support from the Republican establishment. However, the Republican establishment is unable to get support from libertarian Reps, fisc. cons. Dems, and most Indies. So Paul actually has a better shot at beating Obama than the other establishment candidates. The problem Ron Paul faces, is getting enough registered Reps to vote for him the primaries. A lot of the people who support him, refuse to register Rep in order to help him win the primary and the establishment will do anything to keep him from winning.
    -Eilish-

Comment by -Eilish- (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2011