Preferred carpet stain remover??

I've got a dog...and want a stain-free carpet.

Mrs.Brugger

Asked by Mrs.Brugger at 7:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Home & Garden

• FOLEX! It works like magic, and just happens to be non-toxic. It is the only thing that will get wine or grape juice out. I even use it on upholstered furniture.

LOVE the stuff. I had a landlord turn me onto it when I was a young renter, and I have been hooked on it ever since.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Personally those never work for me. The rug doctor on the other hand works miracles! They sell the cleaners separately...good luck!
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I bought a Bissell pro-heat. I use hot water and flip the switch for the extra heat. I put laundry detergent, fabric softener and a little bleach if it's a light carpet and away I go. The only thing I have not been able to remove is a purple stain that no one seems to know what it is. Someone knows though, the carpets were installed new when I bought the house.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Personally, I'd get rid of the dog. Clean all u want, people coming into ur home will still smell it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Nature's Miracle works on all types of stains - even though it's supposed to be used for pet messes. I even use it to get food stains off of kid clothes.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 12:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2011