Need ideas for losing weight

I am getting married at the end of July, and I'd like to lose a few pounds. Nothing extreme. I have been eating healthy; salads, fruits, veggies, lean protein, and exercising more, but nothing has happened thus far. I need exercise options for people who live a crazy busy life. I have very little time, so I something that I can squeeze in that might actually work. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Are you measuring your portions and keeping a food log? Sparkpeople.com has a wonderful free one online that's great for immediately calculating your calories. You need to be honest with yourself about portion sizes. Also, are you exercising hard enough? How often? For how long? You ought to try a spinning class or maybe a kickboxing class. You need something that will really get your heart pumping and make you break a sweat for a good amount of time, and you should he doing this 4-6 days a week. You don't have to he extreme, but you do need to make your time count. If you're exercising at home, Jillian Michaels's 30 Day Shred is good, and I've heard nothing but good things about P90X and Insanity. Give them a go, and arch your portions. Also, make sure water is your only beverage, and make sure you're getting enough of it. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:35 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• By far the best and easiest way to lose weight is to eat less. You have to do like TONS of exercise just to burn off a little extra food, so although exercise is great for making you healthy and strong, it's not great for weight loss (expecially since you get hungrier after exercise) so I'd recommend just decreasing your portions, and when you feel like a snack, find something to occupy you until meal time instead of caving in to a snack. If you do snack, make it fruit. Also, if you get hungry but you know you really shouldn't be needing more food just yet, try a drink of Metamucil or Fibresure. It will help your digestion and fill your tummy for zero calories.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:38 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• The only way I've ever been able to successfully lose weight is with Weight Watchers. Once you start measuring and logging all of your food, it can be a real eye-opener.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 9:34 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Thanks ladies! I have been watching portion sizes, and I eat small meals and/or snacks every couple of hours. Like almonds or an apple, that kind of thing. I have the 30 day shred,but I have to modifiy it because I cannot use one arm due to an injury, so there's a lot I cannot do on that. I also have P90X, but it's at my mom's house. : )
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2011