what do babies dream bout?

my dd is having nightmares what bout?

butterscotch297

Asked by butterscotch297 at 2:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is two months old and she is either constantly smiling in her sleep, laughing, or crying. I've been told that the crying is due to either dreams of being alone or feeling like they are falling. Since babies cannot really comprehend the things that go on, they will more likely dream of the sensation that they've felt when they were awake: mother's scent, warm baths, being snugged in a cozy blanket, being fed. Our own dreams are made up of random things that we've exposed ourselves to and our brain just picks and chooses events, people, and emotion to form a story.
    denswife

Answer by denswife at 11:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• There's no telling really. Sorry. :(
    Anonymous

• i HEARD ..they dream about there birth..who knows?? Good Question.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I always wonder what babies all dream about.

My friend's little step brother used to have nightmares when he was about 2, because his big brother played really violent video games with monsters and the little guy would always be in there to watch him play. They assumed that was what it was b/c little guy was too young to tell them, so the older brother had to stop playing video games in front of little guy unless it was racing cars or very PG... and pretty soon the nightmares faded out and he stopped having them. So that's what it was in his case.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 3:25 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I think nightmares can stem from what he is exposed to...Fighting, violence, tv shows of such, scary movies etc...
    Anonymous

• i forget where i read that babies dream about sound, smells, feeling and other sensations. nightmares usually mean they are dreaming about being lonely which is they're biggest fear.
    Anonymous

• BEING ALONE OR IGNORED I WOULD THINK THEY WOULD KNOW THE DIFF ABOUT SCARRY MOVIES OR OTHER THINGS BECAUSE WELL THEY DONT KNOW THOSE THING ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SCARRY
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2008