Is anyone Zen?

I'm trying to find info other than a definition. Can anyone lead me down the right track?

GirlWithANikon

Asked by GirlWithANikon at 8:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Zen is a form of Mahayana Buddhism, also called Chan or Ch'an Buddhism in other areas. It's usually referred to as Zen in Japan. It's sort of a blend of Taoism (aka Daoism--both pronounced approximately like Dow-ism) and Buddhism. I practice Buddhism, and I am particularly drawn to Zen and Taoism in general. I've studied Buddhism for a long time now, but I have begun studying Taoism recently (Tao Te Ching, etc.) As far as defining Zen, I think you'll probably find as many definitions as there are people trying to define it. Here are a couple links that seem to have some basic info, and there are lots of books out there as well.

Basic Concepts of Chan Buddhism

Chan and Taoism
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• hmm I am not sure. I am studying Shamanism which I think might be up that alley but I couldn't tell ya for sure so here is a bump for ya :)
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• The Complete Idiots Guide to Zen Living

OnARainyDay

Answer by OnARainyDay at 7:17 AM on Jun. 18, 2011