Why with all the technological and medical advances we still have to witness injustices, epidemics, poverty, crimes, and wars?

Please if you know the answer include the Bible text. Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Religious Debate

• You will hear of wars and rumors of wars....Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines..in various places. ....you will be hated by all nations because of me. (Mt.24: 6-9).
    People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. (1Tim.6: 9,10)
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Because human nature is what it is.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Greed, plain and simple.
    Anonymous

• Imperfect and corrupt political systems geared to the greed of a few and irrelevant or even hostile to the needs of the many .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 8:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• But I was hoping to have input from someone who reads the Bible. I'm really on the need of getting the texts from Bible. [anon]

First, wow, assume much?

Second, how about you go read it and find the answers you are searching for.  

And lastly, two words ... HUMAN NATURE. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Isaiah 48:10

Behold I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction

Affliction is an important part of refining us into something pure and better.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 9:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• OP- why is it you assume that those who did not answer using an unexplained, open to interpretation scripture have not read your holy text? Or, say, understand it?

Some of us have found more valid answers outside of what you seek.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Because people still have free will, to do so as they please, whether it be good or bad.
    Anonymous

• Thank you ladies. But I was hoping to have input from someone who reads the Bible. I'm really on the need of getting the texts from Bible. But Thank you so much for your comments.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Because ***OF*** the bible.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2011