Strange heartbeat?

Sometimes when I lay down if feels like my heart is skipping a beat or has a few extra ones, or a flutter it's a really weird sensation. Anyone else ever feel something like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Health

• Yes---quite often. It is either too much caffeine or stress, in my case. Sometimes it is dehydration---drink lots of water. They say Yoga is relaxing also.And, calcium and magnesium are helpful for that..... But just in case, you should ask your Doctor about it.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• It's heart palpitations. I have them alot, I have mitral and tricuspid valve regurgitation and pulmonary insufficiency. Not really a big deal, I just see the cardiologist once a year. It's probably nothing major, I would see your dr. though. Some heart conditions require you to need antibiotics prior to dental appointments and other things.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Many people have benign irregular heartbeats, but you should have it checked out to be on the safe side. As the previous poster noted, it could be something that might require medication, etc.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 10:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Yes they are called PVC's and they are pretty common. If this is a new thing, you might just want to mention it to your doctor, but I wouldn't worry too much.
    homeschoolin432

Answer by homeschoolin432 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My DD was born with PVC I'm wondering if she got it from me now? No one in my 21 years has ever said anything about it too me though, it's only been lately. I've been super stressed though lately , with the house, kids, money, we just got a dog, and a close friend died and I worry about her boys ( infant and toddler) and family.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:26 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• stress can definitely cause them. The more you are aware, and worry about them, they actually get worse. I notice I can have them everyday for weeks, and then they just stop. When I am having them, if I think about them, I notice them getting worse. Try to ignore them, and they go away.
    homeschoolin432

Answer by homeschoolin432 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I do-dr. diagnosed me with a mild heart murmur-go get it checked out-good luck!
    Gemini5

Answer by Gemini5 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2011