How do I get my 15 month old to eat vegetables?

She used to like green beans and broccoli and now she won't touch either. She will eat tomatoes everyday if I let her though.

KatWells

Asked by KatWells at 2:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Food & Drink

• just keep trying, sometimes it takes many tries to get them to eat it
    Anonymous

• There's a recipe book and for the life of me I can't remember the name but it takes every day recipes, even brownies and adds veggies to the mix. Also th V8 fruit and veggie juices are a great way to make sure she's getting the vegetable nutrients she needs. Good luck!
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 3:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Try mixing them with something she likes. Just a little at a time, then slowly increase the amount. Kids go through eating phases. My cousins litlle boy used to love broccoli too but one of his older cousins said it was "icky" so he stopped eating it. If she really liked that stuff, she'll probably start eating it again on her own.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• when my son wont eat something we always tell him to look at everyone else eating it. If my son eats it he will taste it. We also like to let him dip stuff in ketchup and ranch he likes it on like everything.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• It happens just keeping offering them. Also V-Fusion drinks are incredible. My grnadson just thinks they are terrific. I also use them to make frozen popcicles and slushies.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:17 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• hide them! blend them up and mix them into her favorite foods! it is just a phase. my son is 17 months. one week he loves green beans and the next they are gross, but red beets are the new thing! plus, try a variety!
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 8:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Kids this age try all kinds of things. Keep offering a variety of veggies prepared in a variety of ways. I don't love the idea of hiding them at this age. It is better to let them try and get used to the flavors and textures. They won't eat everything all the time, but if you keep offering and encouraging them they will learn to like them. There isn't a veggie out there that my son doesn't love and my daughter likes them all except spinach. Even offer salads. They love to dip veggies in dressing. Carrots, celery, peppers, tomatoes, green beans, cauliflower, jicama all of them are great raw and dipped in something. Don't forget the olives. My kids adore olives!
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 9:10 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I make home made pizza A LOT and put veggies on there. That's how I got my 2 girls, ages 16 months and 4 years, to eat broccoli tonight. :D
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Thank you all!!!
    KatWells

Answer by KatWells at 9:14 AM on Dec. 15, 2008