My ex dh left me with 2 small children and pregnant with twins

He does nothing for our children except pay court order child support. When he left me, he was having an affair and him and his mistress felt they could afford a baby while he paid child support on 2 kids and then 3 after the baby came which with 3 would have been about $2670 but with 4 its 3190. Surprise, I had twins AND to HIS surprise I was able to get alimony $875 a month. We were married 10 years and the judge decided it was fair since I stayed home with the children before we got divorced. I also got the house in the divorce (because he had an affair in a fault state) and half of what his 401k is worth today. The point is that my ex now is paying a LOT more then he thought he would when he and his mistress decided to get pregnant more then $4000 as opposed to the $2670 he thought he would be paying, he makes just over $8,000. Now she just had the baby and he wants me to have the child support lowered HA! I sold the house (because the mortgage payments were just too high) and bought a smaller home free and clear so he feels that I don't need as much. He said it's hard on them to live on just over $4000 (which I am doing with 4 children) and I told him that I guess he should have thought about that when he was cheating on his pregnant wife while he already had 2 children. I realize I might be being a little vindictive but hey, wouldn't you be? I do watch 2 children out of my home but unless I want to put 3 children in daycare (2 of them young babies) I can't work outside of the home, btw the daycare would probably cost about $450 a week. My ex feels I am living off of him BUT if I got to work, he is COed to pay 75% of child care so really, me going to work outside the home would cost him more. I don't feel I am being greedy, I feel I am getting the most I can for my children, I just don't get why some people feel that if dad leaves, all the sudden, the children should have to eat Ramon for every meal so that dad can start a second family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• he made his bed now he can lay in it. i don't feel you are wrong at all hunny. *hugs*
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Screw him take care of your kids.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:22 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• clapping

the courts have decided what is fair and just

maybe he needs reminding

at any time he can go back to court to let the court hear his sad little story,

sure they will find the same result AND charge him for the court time

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• He made his choice and now he needs to deal with the consequence of his actions. You hold your head up and don't let him bring you down.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 8:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Oh yeah, the mistress was a women he worked with, now she wants to stay home with her child but with the lifestyle they want, they can't afford her to unless her starts paying me WAY less.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• i SAY TELL HIM TO BEND OVER N TAKE IT LIKE YOU DID WHEN HE CHEATED. I think its hilarious that he got so screwed lol.
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 8:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Thats karma baby!
    shortycmlb

• Sounds like financially you are doing well for yourself and your children. There is nothing wrong with that.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• If you wanna work outside the home, then do it. And choose an awesome daycare that's almost as good as you. He'll be paying up the a$$ for that. But it sounds like you'd rather be home with ur LO. Do not feel guilty. You're doing the job of both parents so you deserve all the money you can get from him!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 8:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• So now bc he cheated and put ya'll in a mess he wants.you to feel sorry for him?? I would do just what he is doing! You are taking care of his children. He should have thought long and hard before his making that dumb decision he made!!
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 8:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2011