Kinda need some help dont know its its e.r needed

my son just threw a remote at the top of my nose and hurt pretty bad but it didnt bleed now i cant breath out of one side and it burns and my head is starting to hurt but if its brokein it would bleed wouldnt

britt2thabrat

Asked by britt2thabrat at 8:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• it doesn't always bleed i got my nose broken and the only part the bled was the bridge because it broke the skin
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 8:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Ouch..so sorry. Id say if its broke your eyes will turn black and blue. He might of just really threw it hard enough to where your kinda stuffy. Sounds like he needs a time out
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 8:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• If you are not bleeding, I don't think it needs an er visit, hits in the nose hurt like hell, but it will get better.Even if your nose was broken there is not much they can do for it.

Answer by older at 8:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I would get it checked out just because you can't breath out of one side of your nose. It could be broke and a piece of bone or cartilidge is blocking the nostril. My concern is your head hurting too. Bone fragments can be pushed into your brain and that is not good. Call me paranoid but I have seen bad things happen from broken noses.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Try icing it for 20 minutes then re-evaluate how you feel. You will get some swelling inside your nose and that's why you can't breath. Look in the mirror, if your nose is crooked then it might be fractured.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Oh mommy.. so sorry.. I am not sure but I swear I see this in my future!! we all tend to cover our faces when you see that look before he goes to town playing on you lol
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• call your doc and see if they would like you to go in
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Any swelling or bruising? If so I'd get it looked at. If it is broken it's better to treat it asap.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 8:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2011