How do you get your kids and boyfriend of 2 years that has no kids relate to eachother and get along? having a really hard time right now.. Need help please!!

megan160

Asked by megan160 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe they would respect him if he were to marry their mom,just saying.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Some people just aren't 'kid' people. If he can't or won't attempt to get along with your children it's time to rethink the relationship. On the other hand if your children are being rude or disrespectful that needs to be addressed as well. Most all kids from broken homes secretly wish their parents would get back together. Some actually go so far as purposelly sabotaging a parents new relationship for exactly that reason.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• If he's been around for 2 years and still can't relate to them then I think moving on would probably be in your children's best interest. Children MUST come first. I know if mom isn't happy, neither is anyone else, but is this something you want to live with the rest of your life? And children learn how to be parents and deal with relationships from their parents. This will only lead to them having issues with their own children later on.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Your kids are first and foremost. If they are not relating, it is time to let him go.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• If it's been 2 years and they still don't relate well to each other, that to me would be an indication that the relationship isn't meant to be. I wouldn't be in a relationship with someone who didn't get along well with my kids. My kids not liking my significant other is a pretty big dealbreaker to me.

Also, after recent experiences, I'm beginning to think that once you hit a certain age, if a man doesn't have any kids, getting involved with him when you do have kids is not the best idea. I find that men after...I don't really know the number, but after a certain age, they just don't seem to be able to relate to kids if they don't have them. Might just be the few that I know, but it's made me think that single dads would maybe be a better choice for single moms.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• To the first answer...

Please just getting married will NOT change ONE THING....

Don't be that naive!!!

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2011