Some non-expensive ways to advertise a business

My SO and I are starting a business together, well it's already been started, but looking to expand. I want to get more clients in, and see Marketing is neither of our strong suits. I am good with finances and analyzing our data, he is good at the operational end of the business. Marketing? If I wanted to spend the money I would hire someone just for that, but it's not in the budget.

I already advertise on craigslist. I was thinking of printing out flyers, or sending out post cards. ideas?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 8:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• Facebook page, and YouTube commercials are free options. A lot of businesses do giveaways when they meet a certain number of "Likes" to get more people to their page. Businesses have also done competitions where people submitted videos to be used as a YouTube commercial, complete with prizes.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Depends on what the business is. Facebook, flyers, being at events, promotions, groupon.......
    ELnEMsMommy

Answer by ELnEMsMommy at 9:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• What type of business is it? Is this something that you want to advertise locally or nationally?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• If you have any technological expertise, try setting up a wordpress.COM page - for something like $10 a year you can get the page with your own domain name.

VistaPrint.com is a great source for low-volume marketing materials at a very reasonable price. Sign up for their email; you'll get a LOT of email, but you'll be able to get premium products free or even more reduced basically anytime you want.

What is your business? The best marketing ideas are tailored to your business and your clientele.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 10:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2011