Do you like your step kids? Mine was a nightmare!!!!

People get bashed on here whenever there's a problem with step kids but lets face it, some are great, some aren't! Just be honest! I love mine but don't like her at all.

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am not a step parent but I will tell you that having a very difficult child I have imagined myself looking outside the box IF something were to ever happen to our relationship and tring to get in a new one... he'd be a hard one to walk in and love instantly.. he's only 3-1/2 so it could be phase but the don't touch, never gets close, sassy pants attitude and talk about someone BORN To be an only child.. my goodness.. I love this little man with all my heart but I think maybe because I am Mommy!lol~.. then I put myself in my stepdads shoes, me and my sister were 11 and 13 when they married and my sister was a walking nightmare, stealing, mouthy, getting in trouble, running away, sneaking out of the house and just plain mean and rude and then years later here I am hormonal, and know EVERYTHING there is to know lol! He never once said a word... he is a great man and I am so thankful for him now..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• tyfry, sometimes you don't know it until it is too late. Mine came to live with me a year after marriage. Everything was fine until she hit the teen years and I was mean and wouldn't let her date men. Yes, men. The last one was 38 when she was 16. It has nothing to do with people previously having children, it has to do with the children themselves and how they were raised prior to you coming on the scene.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• It starts at home so you can't really blame a child for their behavior. If all of the parents aren't on board, and a united front any child, step or not are going to be a nightmare..... JMO.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• People Bash & Judge about Step-Kids b/c they have No Idea what it is like to be a Step-Mom- it is the Hardest Job in the world to blend a family & make it work-  i raised both of my SS's; it took me a Long Time to bond w/ them- there were times it would of been much easier to just walk out the door & never look back but, i hung in there- i just gave up on trying to be the Brady Bunch-LOL! i am very close to both of them now & they come to me w/ all the Good & all the Bad that is going on in their life so, i must of done something right!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 9:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I had one that beat me several times. Frankly at this point I don't like her or love her. People can bash me all they want, it's nothing that she already hasn't done. She went on to assault a police officer, I don't think he took too kindly to her either.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• why was your step kid a nightmare?
    Anonymous

• It's definitely a love-dis-like relationship at times.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 9:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Ish what a brat.. that's sounds like what my sister did to my Step Dad..is she out of the house now? is the relationship better?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• This is what I tell people, if you can't stand the step kids, then you should not be in a relationship with someone who has kids.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! NIGHTMARE!
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2011