When does this happen??

so im jw whe does the baby go from head down to right side up then back to head down??? i hope that makes sence..im 19weeks and have only felt really low kicks while some for my friends who are expecting are gettin high kicks...this is my 2nd and i know that everyone and every pregancy is diffrent..does anyone know???

rachel216

Asked by rachel216 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• There is no set time frame, babies move around in there as much as they want. Some more than others. Typically they turn head down for the final time before their born, they can even wait until labor kicks in to get into position.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I will only speak from my first and only.. I only always got low kicks throughout the whole pregnancy.. and hiccups, he had hiccups like 6 times a day if not more.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I started getting the higher, rib cage kicking at about 30 weeks. Nice. Wishing I just had the low kicks as my poor ribs are all bruised and sore!!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 9:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Why do you think a baby goes down, then up, then down? Also, "kicks" can be their arms or other movements besides actual feet kicking. My son was head down pretty much the whole time I felt movement and "kicks" all over the place.
    Anonymous

• well anonymous why wouldnt they move around mayb not head down and head up ...nd my 1st i had ultrasound where her head was both up and down ...so yea...nd kicks might be his arms too but still kicks r kicks even tho they it sounds like im just reffreing to the feet
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Your question was hard to decode, it was so poorly written. Most babies eventually pick a position and stay in it because there is eventually no more room to move. And you are only 19 weeks, so you can't be feeling too much but some flutters here and there. Your baby is too small and for all you know may be sideways in there. Not for nothing, but if you are so worried about it, go see your doctor!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• There is no "set time" for maternity business.
    ;-)

This is Nature.
    It has it alll figured out, no worries.

Babies move up and down, back and forth a lot through the weeks and months...
    OR they never move once (that we know of).
    ;-)

At 20 weeks, one in four is vertex (head up).
    By 40 weeks it's only 4%.

What they do in that later half of pregnancy is up to Them.
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:51 AM on Jun. 18, 2011