Could you live in a sexless marriage? adult content

My neighbor told me that she and her husband NEVER have sex,in fact they haven't since she got pregnant with her son 6 years ago! She promised him a son and when she delivered one,she said she was done with sex,period.
No,he's not happy with this arrangement.
I know sex isn't everything,but it is SOMETHING in a marriage.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• ive recently learned that the absence of sex in a marriage is not a good sign. of course stressors can inhibit the mood for sex and other factors, but when a couple isn't having sex often AND this lack of connection also translates outside of the bedroom, it is a problem. if both partners still feel attracted to one another, connected, express a genuine affection for one another, then i suppose not having sex could work for them.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I couldn't do it.
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 9:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I don't know if I could lol. I love sex lol. I mean if it was health issues I guess I would get use to it, but I couldn't just because one didn't want too. Although my mom and dad don't have sex they don't even sleep together. My mom sleeps on the couch and my dad in the bedroom. They haven't slept together for about 18 or 19 years. They been married 26 years.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• wow i know for some people it hurts or that they are to uncomfortable with themselves to have sex but.... i don't think this is what you are talking about..... uhmmmmmm....???????

Liveatmo

Answer by Liveatmo at 9:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I dont know, I have a very hard time ( like never ) having an orgasm so its not like a WANT of mine, I know it makes my DH happy and it still feels good but Yes, I think I really could go without it as long as it didn't affect DH, which is would and does every 4 days if he doesn't have it lol!! i've just learn to play pretened lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Sometimes I like to go awhile without sex but see my boyfriend and I have been togather four six yrs. In the last couple yrs he hasnt worrked a real job yet he expects me hand and foot on him.and still tend to the grandchildren yet he never runs my bath water or makes my plate of food .
    Shepherdtxmom

Answer by Shepherdtxmom at 9:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• @mommy5409, same here! my parents haven't slept together in about 18 years also, due to a surgery my dad had when i was about 7. my dad also has a heart condition, so (not that i want to presume anything about their sexlife) i think i can safely say they havent' had sex in quite some time, likely years. but they just celebrated their 25th anniversary and are very much in love. and i think because the connection they have and genuine affection they share is still evident in their marriage. i think it's when couples lose sight of that both in and out of the bedroom that it starts to affect the marriage.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• and by "slept together" i meant in the same bed LOL
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I've been in one for 3 years. My DH hasn't, which is exactly why there isn't any between us. I believe it is something that is supposed to be shared sacredly between two people that love each other. People also have to realize that it isn't the be all end all of everything. They place it so high up on the totem pole. What would happen if medically the other person was unable to and "you can't live without it" just what would you do? There is way more to intimacy than stripping your clothes off and having sex.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I couldn't do it, I need the intimacy and just feeling needed.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2011