Eye boogers

i know its just his tear ducts opening. but my 2 week old is having a horrible time with his eyes being so icky that he cant open them. i have been doing warm compresses and wiping them gently 3-4 times daily i just wondering if there is something else i could do for him?

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes you can massage in inner part of the eye cavity to help open these ducts up. my son as an infant always got these psus covered, needed the gel to take care of it, infections because his ducts ketp getting blocked so the Dr finally showed me how to help.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• instead of using water on the cloth you're using to wipe his eyes with, try using cooled chamomile tea on the cloth. it will help soothe any irritation, and it is harmless.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I'll have to try both of these thank u
    goobersmom713

Comment by goobersmom713 (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My son had the same problem. The doctors said to rub a warm compress on it and massage his tear ducts. Every time he was sick he would get horrible eye buggers. A couple of times he needed drops to avoid conjunctivitis. I would just keep an eye on it. His went away around the age of 2, some sooner, and some need surgery to open the tear duct. I would just talk to your pediatrician and keep an eye on it.
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 18, 2011