My 3 cats ...

2 are 10 years old, one of those is deaf, they were never really "cuddlers' but liked cuddling each other or being in the same room as you and as most cats do, come to you when they WANT love, we have a 5 month old kitten who just Melts on you -like head down full body arms out MELTS on you - she's so great, but... she also loves to press her cheeks and face on your nose.. no biggy to me but it drives my husband nuts.. this coming from a not cat person but still is great to the cats, this is HIS baby now..she is a daddys girl, listens to him lays on him the most and always wants to be where he is, but he gets so frustrated with her trying to rub her face on his, he says they are gross animals and germy..lol... now it doesn't bother me, I mean I see where he's coming from cause she still licks herself and what not but is it really THAT gross cause he totally gets grossed out by her loving on me lol!!

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Pets

• That happens to be a great cat compliment that she wants to mark you guys as her own and mingle her scent with yours

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• She's leaving her scent on him. They have an oil that comes off of their face, and I guess she's marking "her" territory,lol... Personally I wouldn't like it either. We have 3 dogs and I will NOT let them give me a lick on my face. They have millions of types of bacteria in their mouths, so if she's licking him I would teach her not to. If she's just rubbing his face I don't think that's as bad.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• See I know enough about cats to tell him it is a compliment but he gets so grossed out when she comes on his lap and wants to love on him.. maybe I am just too in to my animals..; I mean, I would lay awake not sleeping all night on a work night to not disturb the way they are laying on me because its too damn cute lol!
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Mrsleftlane: see that's what weird we had a dog that was only barely 3 when he passes away when I was pregnant and I swear he would let him kiss love sleep anything and he says its because Dogs are cleaner than Cats but really, don't they all lick themselves and I know I caught our Dog like totally going to town before in an area my DH would only if he could .lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• She is marking him as hers. her scent glands on on her head and she is scenting him. They arent germy animals, cats are actually quite clean.
    kansasmom1978

Answer by kansasmom1978 at 10:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2011