Normal?

I'm 35 weeks pregnant and I've been feeling braxton hicks contraction for about a month now. Usually its only one or 2 a day but today I've had them off and on all day, a lot more than usual. Is it normal to have them a lot in one day, more than you usually do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Maybe if you are stressed or have been straining yourself, or have been more active than usual. Try to sit down and relax for a while and see if they let up. Otherwise, call your ob/gyn just to be on the safe side.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 9:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• yes. Especially the closer you get, but unless they become regular and you can time them 3-5 minutes apart and don't go away with changing positions, they aren't worrisome. Just try to relax, change positions, be sure you are drinking enough water.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• lay on your left side...drink plenty of water.. stay off of your feet :)

(I had them from 20 wks til 37 wks ..when I gave birth to my dd )

good luck !! congrats!!
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2011