How STUPID can you be? (vent)

So my husband just called me to tell me he had just gotten into a fender-bender. He had pulled off the freeway to get some fast food we can't afford "because he was suddenly starving" *rolls eyes*. According to him the cars in front of him started to move, so he started to move, then his damn cell phone started ringing. Instead of ignoring it he looked down to see who was calling and looked up in time to hit his brakes, and the car in front of him.

GAH!! I'm so pissed off at him right now. That (#*@!()#%^)#^)#@+_!&#@%^ phone that he can't seem to ignore or leave alone. I'm actually surprised he hasn't plowed through someone before this. He talks without a hands-free set, and has gotten ticketed for it too. He'll text while driving. He'll text while at red lights.

*big deep breaths* at least the damage is minimal to the car and the other driver, but this stupidity SHOULD NOT have happened. I seriously doubt I'll be letting him drive with me or the kids in the car.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR I so want to pound him into the ground. I won't see him till morning though so hopefully I won't be as pissed by then.

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 9:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Sorry mommy. they can be SO frustrating sometimes.. here we are closing on our house in 6 weeks and we have a longer closing than most and he STILL keeps changiing his mind about where to live, what type of house, what he wants, can't drive too far, then too far is ok if the house is right, what about taxes omg..then he feels when I bring it up that I am triyng to RUSH him in to a house OMG... so wish I still smoked.. they can be so stupid sometimes
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I would do some research and find something for him to watch on texting and driving. I'm sure there's something out there that could make an impact on him, whether it's texting or just checking his phone, that could have been so much worse. Also remind him it's a good thing you didn't see him this evening, or he wouldn't have a phone anymore, it would be smashed after you stomped on it... Kudos to you for realizing how dangerous cell phones, and driving can be.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Wow..he was very lucky.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Hugs!

We had a similiar incident over here . . backing into a parked car. :)

All I could do was smile and say, "Well, it is just metal. At least noone was hurt," but I was SOOOOOO MAD! And, we really did not need the extra 600 buck it cost us to fix the other car. really didn't need it.

in the end, though, I was glad I kept my cool. I hope he took it as a sign that he needs to be more careful.

Sorry that happened mama.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Oh, forgot to mention that when I told him how pissed off *I* was, he got mad. It's like he called to tell me he'd screwed up and wanted me to make light of it and tell him everything would be ok and it wasn't that big a deal and blah blah blah blah.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• It is a big deal, he could have been hurt or worse if the situation had been different, you have every right to be pissed off, I would be too if someone I loved had done something so brainless. I watched something the other day about a girl who was killed when she was texting on her way to school, her parents will never get her back and they've started a "don't text and drive" thing so no other parents have to go through what they did. There is NO excuse for such carelessness, stay pissed, you have every right.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 10:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I really feel like no matter how important the issue is that you discuss with your spouse, it's like they tune you out. Then don't get it later. Broken record issues I call them. They get so tired of you nagging, but you woulnt nag if they just listened the first time! I think your husband is very lucky and I really hope he sees it as a fortunate wake up call.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I'm venting with you! Lol I swear they are so used to tuning us out you could tell them the house is on fire and they'd still sit in the recliner and watch football! My husband has got himself three tickets in two months because he fails watch his speed. I get it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Sorry if I sounded off subject! It just seems like it's one of those annoying ongoing battles you have with your spouse. It's frustrating. For sure! We all have them with our Dh.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Not at all Musicmom. You're right, they DO seem to tune us out, then get mad all over again whenever we say "I told you so". *sigh*
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2011