Am i wrong?

Ok, so my parent's have had these friends forever, and i consider them my aunt and uncle. well my mom got in a huge fight with my "aunt". so now they dont talk anymore.. and now my mom is pissed at me because i talk to my aunt still.. in my opinion, i should be allowed to talk to her, for one i am 20 years old, im an adult, and two, i dont have issues with her.. is it wrong of me to do this?? it sucks cuz my mom quit talking to me, and this is the time i need her the most... well she's my step mom, but my birth mom passed away when i was young so i've always considered her my real mom.. it just hurts that she could do this.. she disowned my sister cuz my sister has made some mistakes, and my dad is so whipped by her he just wants to make sure she is happy and thats all...i try not letting it get to me because i dont need to be stressed being 26 weeks pregnant.. what do you ladies think about this? be honest please!

firsttimemom733

Asked by firsttimemom733 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• I think that you need to talk to her and just ask her to leave you out of the fight explain to her that you just want to be left out of it.... your Mom probably feels like you are taking sides by continuing to talk to your "aunt" just keep things to your self about talking to the "aunt" see if things blow over you mom seems a bit controlling but try to see it from her point of view.

traren

Answer by traren at 9:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I have tried talking to her, she told me when they got into this fight, that she didn't want to get me involved. and that she didn't want me to have to choose sides, so therefore i still talk to my aunt and then the other day she sent me a horrible message on Facebook, saying she is pissed at me for talking to my aunt and blah blah, and yes she is controlling! and i do see from her point of view i just don't get why when they have issues with people i have to have issues with people too!
    firsttimemom733

Comment by firsttimemom733 (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Honestly! LOl sounds like my father inlaw! It's your choice, your a adult, your NOt a kid anymore. And you both have a good relationship. She did nothing wrong to you. It's okay! Don't even feel bad or even think about it. Tell your mom, This " Mom I am not trying to hurt you, or upset you but she didn't do anything wrong to me! " I don't even know your arguments. But please don't put me in the middle of this. I didn't even do anything wrong. I love her and I love you and I am just being a good supporter. My father inlaw did this to me he said we shouldn't go and see his sister in the hospital who had a stroke because she didn't come see his son when he was in the hospital. Well... It had nothing to do with me! That's between them 2 not My husband and I.

When loved ones get hurt they want someone on their side so they make u feel bad for it. Just make sure your mom knows you are not taking any sides and that your not 2 face
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 5:14 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Your Step mom might be having menopause. Or health related issues maybe she doesn't feel the same, stress, anxiety or maybe some depression to where she's taking it all out on you and your family. My mom is going through that and she is on meds for her disease that she has so she gets sensitive very easily and cry's a lot, and she gets very jealous it seems.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 5:16 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• nothing wrong with u still being friends
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 5:17 AM on Jun. 18, 2011