what are the best real foods to start other than pasta and mush veggies?

my son is 10 months and I'm trying to get him to eat more foods, he eats cheerios and the puff things , mashed tators and of course veggies, sgetti o's and that kinda stuff but what else can I give him to make sure he's getting the right vitamins?

Asked by prettyeyes412 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Avacado's, yogurt... check out these websites: and
    They have great recipies!

Answer by CallmeQ at 1:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• fruits are a son LOVES bananas. they are easy to chew and sweet and packed full of vitamins and minerals

Answer by dsmuhmuh at 1:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• liverworst is great, chopped up hard boiled eggs, velveta cheese-cubes, all kinds of veggies-over cooked so they are soft enough - NO CORN. Grapes, but ya gotta peal em. If it is something that get mushy with spit - it is pretty much goo to go.

Answer by annamuagreno at 1:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I also have a 10 month old and he eats pretty much everything. You can even feed your baby meat if you feel comfortable enough. Just make sure you cut them like peas sized. He also loves cottage cheese.

Answer by lmoots at 1:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I gave my daughter evrything I ate - I just used a grinder and ground it up small enough for her to eat.... once she got the hang of finger foods... I chopped things small enough she wasnt likely to choke and could easily pick up.

Answer by Sophiasmom119 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2008