Homosexuality and Christianity (NAD)

I'm getting ready to write a blog explaining my position on homosexuality (I've had a few real life friends ask me about it), and I'm having a hard time remembering any of my sources (I could just be really tired, as I'm *usually* in bed by now)....

So I was just wondering if any of you lovely ladies had any "pro-gay" material you could link me to, so I can site sources when I talk about things like original language and all that.

Those of you who don't agree with homosexuality can just click out, because I'm not looking to debate right now, I'm just wanting to organize my thoughts and find sources so I can start to write.

And, of course, I'll be more than happy to link the finished product to this thread when I'm done, if anyone is interested! :)

bandgeek521

Asked by bandgeek521 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Letter to Louise (sorry, I was trying to get a little someone that woke up back into bed, and didn't get it linked!) was actually written about 50 years ago by a (now retired) Baptist minister and former WWII chaplain in response to the concerns of a parishoner...it is really well done, particularly with regard to the Biblical information being viewed in the historical critical method.

thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 7:51 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• google Letter to Louise...
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 10:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Thumbs up to you! Send me the link to your blog!!
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 10:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Definitely post the link ... I'd like to send that to my little SIL.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• ...but yeah, I want the link to your blog when its done too!
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 7:52 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I'll have to remember that for tomorrow, thalassa, thank you! :)

And MommaWoods, I sure will, once I have it finished - not sure how long it'll take me! I found a bunch of info on the ReligiousTolerance website, so that will help when I'm talking about original language and different interpretations. I just have to find time when my 3 year old will let me sit at the computer long enough to sort out my thoughts, because I'm too tired to do any more tonight (I have my layout done up, and the intro finished, lol), but I really *do* want to finish this (I'd like to get back into blogging regularly, haha), and I'll be sure to share it once I do :)
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Okay, I think I have it finished - I was wondering, if I posted it here as a journal first, would you ladies mind telling me what you think - if it's good enough to post to my blog? For some reason it feels not quite there to me, and my husband isn't up (he works third shift) to read over it and let me know if it's just in my head, lol.

So I'll post it here, link you, and you can tell me if you think it's good enough as it is or if it needs work - mind you, I've been working on it all day while watching my 3 year old, lol, so you can probably tell. :) I'll probably have to do a little revising, but at least now I can get some feed back before I go "official" with it on my blog, haha.

Let me journal it and I'll be right back to post you the link! :)
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Okay, the official blog link is : http://myhereticaluniversalistfaith.blogspot.com/

bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Jun. 19, 2011