Any one been in this situation before?

I know you are supposed to be the same blood type as either of your parents.. for example My "mother" is an O and my dad is an O

when i went into labor they checked my blood type as usual like they always do, an im an A+.. Makes me wonder did my "mother" lie to my dad about him being the father?

has anyone ever been in this situation? I mean I love my dad hes all i have.. even if he isn't my dad id still consider him my dad... im so confused.

akalei

Asked by akalei at 10:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• I have to get out my genetics book.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I think if both of your parents are o then you should be also. Not positive but I thought that was the way it worked.
    IamErin-K.

Answer by IamErin-K. at 10:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I thought if your parents had O blood type you could end up with something else, but if YOU have O one of your parents had to.....but I could be totally off!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 10:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• i would just do some research and see what all i could find out..wow that would be very shocking to find out
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Without going into too much detail, it is genetically possible. My mother is B-, my father A+ , and I am O+. I definitely look like them both, lol, so I'm not the mailman's.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 10:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• thanks ladies!! the sad thing is i dont look like either :( an i know for sure im not adopted.. id ask my "mother" but i have no idea where she is.. shes a homeless lady living on skid row in downtown la i think..
    akalei

Comment by akalei (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• either one is not an "o" or one isn't your parent.. two o's won't make an A... sorry
    http://mistupid.com/health/bloodinherit.htm
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I always thought that if both of your parents are both "O", then you will have that blood type me and my BF have the same type blood and both of our boys are "O". Is it possible that one of them is wrong about their blood type?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:08 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• if both of your parents are both O then yes there has been some deception some where. It could be possible that one of your parents are O and one of your parents are OA giving you a 50% chance of being A. A and B genotypes are dominant over O.
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 12:09 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• at KatiemomNY there is a very simple explanation to you being O+. Your blood type consists of 2 alleles. AA, AB, AO, BB, BO, OO. A and B are dominant over O. Your mother has to be BO (B) and your father has to be AO (A) which gives you a 1 in 4 chance of being O.
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 12:14 AM on Jun. 18, 2011