Disney cruises

Has anyone ever taken one? They're going to start sailing out of NYC next year, so we're thinking about taking one for our summer vacation. If you've taken one, would you say it is worth the money?

katiemomNY

Asked by katiemomNY at 10:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Travel

• Cruises are fantastic.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• HELLS YES!!!! Now, I took the one out of FL, for my make a wish. And we loved it! Me my mom my aunt and two brothers went. I loved it. We went glass bottom boating. We got to watch a guy feed the fish and other animals, no sharks though, that would've been AWESOME.

I'm looking to take my DD and my BF when my DD is 5. It was hard trying to get us kids off the boat, you will hardly see the kiddos.

And the shows that they ha ve were sweet!
    AddisonsMommy12

Answer by AddisonsMommy12 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• A Disney cruise is so much fun! When compared to another cruise line, it's definitely worth the additional cost. Plan ahead though. They sell out fast.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:30 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Very worth the cost. it truly IS magical and so entertaining for kids and adults. Their childcare services are top notch and they also do a great job pampering the adults with the private beach for adults only (Serenity Bay). the quiet cove pool and Palo (adult dining).

sherribeare is right though -you should book 6 months ( I say earlier) out to take advantage of early booking savings.

Truly paradise for all ages.

Please advise should you need added information. I'm a Disney specialist.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 4:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Best cruise we ever took! I totally think it was worth every penny.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• We have been on the Wonder and are booked on the maiden voyage of The Fantasy next year. So excited. First people to ever sleep in those beds. They are well worth the expense.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 7:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Thanks for all of the great input - I think this is definitely going to be at the top of the list for our family vacation next year!
    katiemomNY

Comment by katiemomNY (original poster) at 10:19 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I have never been, but I sure want to go. Sounds fun.
    SweetPea726

Answer by SweetPea726 at 1:31 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I have never been on one but everyone that I talked to that has says it is great fun
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2011