Vacuum cleaner recommendation

The rotating brush on our vacuum has stopped working which makes it impossible to vacuum the cat hair off our rugs. Any recommendations for a smallish, inexpensive vacuum. We only have two area rugs and limited space, so a big, pricey Dyson isn't practical.

katiemomNY

Asked by katiemomNY at 10:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Home & Garden

• i love my dyson. been having it for about 3 years and it still has great suction!
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 10:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• ummm yah so i shouldve read all your post before answering... sorry =D
    alboston

• Lol, no worries. If I had the space and more carpet, Dyson would be my first choice!
    katiemomNY

Comment by katiemomNY (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Yep I can't help you more than the last Mommy. My last vacuum before my Dyson was a Kenmore from Sears and I did love it and then it was blown away by the Dyson.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• If you don't want to buy a new one you could just change the belt. But if you want a new one right now I have a Hoover Windtunnel Purely Clean T series I love it, it was probably a little over $100 and it's lite and strong.

retent

Answer by retent at 12:18 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I'd look into fixing the one you have. Generally it's the belt that goes on them when the beater bars stops turning.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Thanks for the input!
    katiemomNY

Comment by katiemomNY (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• i use a shark battery operated vacuum cause it was not pricy and it was small
    angeleyz375

Answer by angeleyz375 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2011