Help! Raised red spots on my 2 yr olds torso UPDATE

The spots are only one his torso, front and back. He has been sick the past few days with high fevers but his doctor said it was another ear infection. (He has tubes in his ears as of a week ago) Does anyone know what this can be?

Well I took him to the doctor. The said it could be an allergic reaction to his antibiotics or a vial rash which in no longer contagious after the rash develops. They gav him some benadryl and said if the rash fades then his allergic to his antibiotic if it doesnt then its the viral rash.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Kids' Health

• High fevers? about 3 days? then the fever broke and he broke out? It's Rosiola (sp), also called 6th disease. It's a form of childhood "pox". My daughter had it. He will be fine if that's what it is. The rash means it's going away.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=roseola+rash&cp=8&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1600&bih=737&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• my son gets "viral fever rashes" which goe away within a week but are produced from fevers, more recent my son also has ezcem rahses from food alergies which are they STILL won't test for.. I would think its moe viral if all else seems to go fine!!!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• The pictures looked more severe than what my daughter had. I would send a pic of her, but they are on my other computer. :( I would bring him back to the dr if you are still worried about it. Good luck!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:05 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• it could be eczema....my son has it and it primairly shows up when the weather changes. He gets red bumps mostly on his torso and sometimes other places too. I would just have the ped. check out the rash to see what he thinks.
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 11:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• same as mommyyeoman, but son had red bumps on his torso a few weeks ago and they started spreading. he didnt act like they bothered him, but i took him to the doctor anyway. the doctor said its excema and can be made worse by citrus fruits and gave us a cream. the cream helps but theyre not all gone. its all over his arm and leg too :/
    but not giving him any citrus fruits has really helped.
    try cutting out the citrus fruits to see if it makes a difference
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• If he has a fever and he's getting a red rash, it could be any number of things, ranging from a reaction to the meds he's on now to a heat rash to something else entirely.

I know that when my ds was little, he had a fever and started to get a red rash that was spreading on his body (started in the groin area and was spreading across his torso and back), and we took him to the ER. He ended up having Scarlatina (which is basically Scarlet Fever). Basically, this is a form of strep, and if it's treated it's not too big a deal, but can be serious if it's not treated.

I would take him to the Dr.

gl - and I hope he feels better!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:08 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• my daughter gets this after she is sick... look up roseola
    mikailas_mom

Answer by mikailas_mom at 1:36 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Glad to hear that the Dr was able to help him - I hope he feels better soon!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• The bumps look nothing like those pictures :( Does he need to see a doctor for it? He's already on antibiotics for the ear infection.
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2011