Why do you think it is women are so hard on other women....

When they find themselves doing the same things and respond to situations in similar ways?? I really would like to know your thoughts on this. Women by nature are emotional, sensitive, and tend towards comparing themselves all the while being judgemental. Do you find you have a difficult time getting close to women? Do you think that your not liking spending time with other women is because you hate these traits about yourself?

Please share your thoughts....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• I've been thinking about this and related questions a lot lately. I think young women are very competitive and very judgemental, and a big part of that is because, as women, we judge ourselves pretty harshly so by extension, and thanks to our high empathy with other women, we also judge them harshly.

But as we get older, I think we find more and more that the women in our lives are the ones we turn to; the ones we depend on, when kids make us crazy and men let us down - which they invariably do, to varying degrees.

So yes, we come down harshly on each other, especailly when we're younger, and partly that is because we are hard on ourselves, but in maturity, we mellow and come to find the women in our lives are the ones we love with a deep enduring love. Also because of that empathy we have with each other.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:05 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Women in general are competitive and judgemental. This may be the reason I don't have any "real" friends! I don't like gossip, I don't like comparing myself to other women, and I like supporting women - becasue I think that's what we should do to empower ourselves and our girls.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 1:53 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I think it takes the attention off of our own issues and insecurities. But I try not to!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I'm gonna have to agree in part with the maturity factor when it comes to women and the need to attack another one. I've found that generally women who are insecure with themselves and are jealous tend to be the ones who lash out. it's the ones who are self-confident that are bored by the drama and usually stay away from it. at least that's been my experience. I get along with most females but have found issue mainly with the ones who can't handle my confidence. I guess to them it comes across as bitchy. oh well. doesn't faze me a bit.
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 12:39 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• When does maturity hit for the majority of women? I am almost 33 and have yet to get along with any age women because of that horrible caddy gossip judgemental nature they have, and I am not it any type pf uppper or lower class tyep setting , this is "average" by above and below standards
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I often thought the same thing. There are women out there that will be friends with co-workers, go out with them to have drinks, then the same woman will call her a bitch behind her back, thern be all smiles when that woman gets back. It get like that here. I think maybe thats why some ask personal questions under 'anon' and answer while being 'anon', cause then that woman will speak her mind or just be a total bitch and call the poster a bad mom, a whore ect. But other women are nice or at least gentle when there is any criticism that needs to be said, or well meaning advice, but there also will be 'steel' in their spine that will speak thru the words.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I don't like other women because they always have some kind of drama that I just don't want to be apart of. My girlfriends....the 2 of them, we like to hang out, and knock back a couple of beers and just chat about stuff. In high school most of my friends were guys, but they all got weird after high school and were just trying to get in my pants. I just wanted to hang, but, they wanted to bang. So now I just stick with my 2 girls.

But I think women like to compare themselves to other women because, they want a mans attention. Honestly, I don't think men pay that much attention to looks, but women do. Its all the mans fault! lol jk
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• We are hormonal 3/4 weeks a month, not to mention pregnancy and menopause...

especially on places like CM.. I bet a minimum of half of us are dealing with some type of hormonal issue..... so yes it can get ugly at times lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• @ashoonik......YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:23 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I get a long with most women, I don't like drama and there are some that are full of it, I have had women tell lies on me saying I was cheating on my husband (cause they wanted him), I have had them make fun of my clothing style and hair style and say I was a whore wanna be then turn around and dress in the same type of clothing (even shop at the same stores I had been shopping at for years) , I have delt with a lot of women who out of jealousy started trouble that was uncalled for, so I limit the type and amount of women I am around, there are a lot of great,caring,kind women out there , you just need to watch who and what type you hang with cause some will stab you in the back quicker than you think if you have something they want or a look they would kill for.. Men could careless what other men look like, drive, etc that is why men can get a long better..
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:55 AM on Jun. 18, 2011