What should I do if my son is running a fever and his poop is green?

My son is 2 years old and he is running a fever a few hours ago it was at 102.0. The last time I cheked it he nwas at 100.8 and he has made 2 poopies today and both of them were green. What should I do?

cjka2009

Asked by cjka2009 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LOTS of liquids, water would be best. Alternate Motrin and Tylenol every 4 hours. Green poop just means his fighting an infection.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Thank you
    cjka2009

Comment by cjka2009 (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• How about pedialyte will that work?
    cjka2009

Comment by cjka2009 (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Pedialyte is good. My peds actually told me that they now just suggest a normal diet. Witholding won't help themn recover any more quickly. Hydration is key, though.

SOme bacterial infections will need anti-biotics to help, so if he is not getting better, or rapidly declines, call the ped.

Poor baby.

Last time that happened over here, it is because I took my toddler to Souplantation. The older ones were able to kill the normal bac, but my toddler just wasn't able to fend it off. He was sick for a week!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• green poo could just be from the medication but it's not something to worry about really, it happens.. pedialyte is good.. just keep him hydrated, and keep an eye on him
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2011