Not really a question, but it's related to Father's Day...

Happy Father's Day!

In a little book, Strength For A Man's Heart, Paul C. Brownlow cites some good quotes expecially for fathers.

"No man is worth his salt who is not ready at all times to risk his body, to risk his wellbeing, to risk his life in a great cause." - Theodore Roosevelt.

"Baseball is 90 percent mental and, the other half is physical." - Yogi Berra.

"He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has." - Epictetus

"The most important thing in life is to live your life for something more important than your life." - Anonymous

"Govern a family as you would cook small fixh - very gently." - Chinese Proverb                                  

My favorite Father's Day writing is from an Ann Landers column. I agree with her when she wrote that when looking for something to honor fathers on their day, this golden oldie is the best:

"My Father - When I was"

4 years old - My daddy can do anything.

5 years old - My daddy knows a whole lot.

6 years old - My dad is smarter than your dad.

8 years old - My dad doesn't know exactly everything.

10 years old - In the olden days when my dad grew up, things were sure different.

12 years old - Oh, well, naturally, Father doesn't really know anything about that. He's too old to remember his childhood.

14 years old - Don't pay any attention to my father. He is so old-fashioned!

21 years old - Him? My Lord, he's hopelessly out of date.

25 years old  - Dad knows a little bit about it, but then he should because he has been around so long.

30 years old - Maybe we should ask Dad what he thinks. After all he has had a lot of experience.

35 years old - I'm not doing a single thing until I talk to Dad.

40 years old - I wonder how Dad would have handled it. He was so wise and had a world of experience.

50 years old - I'd give anything if Dad was here now so I could talk this over with him. Too bad I didn't appreciate how smart he was. I could have learned a lot from him.

by, Jean Boney

From the Alamance News in Alamance County, NC

*I thought you would enjoy this, feel free to comment if you like.

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 11:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Holidays

• Cute.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2011