Take home outfit?

What kind of clothing (romper, pant/top, etc) did you choose to bring your bundle home in? We are not finding out the sex, so I am needing an outfit for both boy and girl.

SassyJulie

Asked by SassyJulie at 3:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well my son was born during a heat wave in July so he came home in a onesie and little pants, that's it! Cause it was over 100 degrees! If I were you I would just get either a green or yellow little Carters outfit like a little sleeper. Or pick out one pink outfit and one blue outfit you like, keep the reciept and bring back the one you don't use!
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i took mine home in the shirt the hospital gave me. i went straight to tha hospital from my last doc's appt so i didnt have anything. but my baby was born this august so it was warm. just put a blanket on his legs. i would suggest a cotton sleeper with feet if its going to be cold. and a fleece blanket
    carolinagirl820

Answer by carolinagirl820 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• my kids were born in the summer, but i still brought them home in sleepers. theyre warm and cuddly and soft.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I had a little onsie that I had decorated with fabric paint and that was it. Like the first poster, mine was born in the middle of a heat wave in July.

There are lots of really cute green and yellow gender neutral clothes. If it's a girl, the hospital may very well stick a bow in her hair - mine did. I know, babies don't have much hair or may be bald. Use KY Jelly to hold the bow in place. It acts like a glue when dry and comes off easily with just water. Just make the bow out of any cute piece of ribbon that matches the outfit you choose. There you go - no bow and it's a boy. Add a bow and she's a frilly little girl.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• The key is comfort. I brought mine home in a one piece, long sleeve, button down outfit. He had a cute hat and cute socks. I agree--there are so many green, yellow clothes that are cute and would work for either a boy or a girl. I'm so excited for you.
    CurlyKristin

Answer by CurlyKristin at 4:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Thank you all for your answers! I have been debating about getting a "nice outfit" (like you would have a picture made in) or a nice romper and hat. This will make things much easier! Happy holidays!
    SassyJulie

Answer by SassyJulie at 4:48 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• sleep sacks

I love them, they're easy to get on and off.
    avoid onesies. Those are a pain in the neck.
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 4:57 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Don't take the baby home in a sleep sack, they're very difficult to buckle into a carseat wearing one of those.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 8:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I agree DO NOT take a child home in a sleep sack. They ARE NOT safe for in the car even if they are the ones with the strap holes. They don't seperate the babys legs the right way and you can't buckle baby in correctly. There is supposed to be NOTHING between baby and carseat and because the sleep sacks are so thick and bulky if you are in a crash the fabric behind the baby will compress leaving the straps dangerously loose and the baby could fly out of the seat. Also you are NEVER supposed to use a JJCole BundleMe(instead get a cover that goes over the infant carseat like a shower cap) That is the reason why older babies/toddlers/kids are not supposed to wear coats in the car. If you have to adjust the straps to fit the coat in then it is too thick. Take 1min to take the coat off in the car and cover baby/child with a blanket AFTER they are buckeled and then take 1min to put the coat on when you get out of the car.
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 3:52 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• O BTW my son came home in overalls, shirt, socks, shoes and a onsie(my mom bought the outfit)
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 3:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2008