My DD is running a fever of 102 and is showing no symptoms of anything wrong.

She has been running a fever of 102 since 4 o'clock this afternoon. Of course tylenol brings her fever down, but it immediatly spikes right back up when the tylenol starts to wear off. She is really sleepy, but other than that no symptoms of anything wrong. I asked her what hurts, but she isn't telling me. I am going to take her into the doc in the morning (unless of course her fever spikes super high in the night, then we will make a trip to the ER) any ideas what could be wrong with my little one? Usually I have somewhat of an idea, but with no symptoms I'm unsure.

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Teething perhaps, all of my little ones get a fever when they are getting new teeth. Not much fun, and is always worse with the molars.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• fever is because the body is fighting an infection somewhere.. it could be anything.. really.. just keep an eye on her and pretty much wait and see
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Motrin is best for a fever. If in diapers make sure that is all she is wearing maybe a lose fit t-shirt.
    wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 11:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I'll bet it's molars! Those can be pretty nasty on the toddlers!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Could also just be a virus if she goes to daycare I would see if anything has been going around that staff at the daycare should be able to tell you if any students have missed for illness. Last time I brought my DS to the doctor he ended up having an ear infection. My ped told me that some kids just don't show symptoms other than fever and crankiness.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I questioned teething, but all of her teeth have cut through already. We had teething issues last month :/ I agree that motrin is good stuff, but I don't have any on hand. I will be making a trip to the store also in the morning. I guess I will have to wait and see. I hate seeing her sick.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• LOTS OF WATER! and lose clothes! i would let her sleep it off! my dd has had a few one day fevers! it happens! im sure she is fine!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Yeah but check the very very back where the jawbone is.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Good idea...I will check next time she wakes up (I give it 2 more hours...she is awful when sick. Wants mommy of course)
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 11:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• It COULD be an ear infection. My son would get them all the time, but we wouldn't know because he'd show NO symptoms. The few we really found were from a rupture (twice), he'd spike a sudden high fever (twice) or we'd be in for a well-child check up and they'd look in his ears. I say all the time from 2-4ish because we have video of him reading Brown Bear at 2 and he's talking like his ears or mouth are full of cotton.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2011