Looking for Raw Food menus

I love the raw food diet, but I'm still struggling to "convert". I've been cooking foods for many years. I have tons of recipes for meat loaf and baked potatoes and chocolate cake and steamed vegetables... I don't know how to serve foods raw! Or what to serve them with! I've found a lot of raw food recipes online, but what I'd rather find are raw food menus. What to serve, and when.
Any raw foodists here?
And I haven't been able to convince my stomach that green smoothies are yummy. They make me gag.

Thanks!

LoreleiSieja

Asked by LoreleiSieja at 12:06 AM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I did the raw food lifestyle for 6 months 2 years ago. The first month was the hardest because it is hard to train your stomach to not want refined foods. I looked and felt the best I ever have been when I did this diet. I am not kidding you, my skin was seriously glowing!

It is very important you know that only blood type A and blood type AB should do the raw food diet plan because our stomachs produce much less acid than type O and type B.  Type O and B tend to feel lethargic because their bodies need more protein. Meat actually energizes a Type O. They do better with the caveman diet.

Here is a menu plan I found online that I liked: The Raw Way Menu Plan

A great thing to do is invent your own superfood sald with many veges and beans in it. Mass make it into several bags so you always have something balanced to eat.

Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 12:40 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• We don't have air conditioning, so we eat a lot of raw meals in the summer. Send me a message if you would like some recipes (these little boxes are WAY too small)

By the way, the "diet for your blood type" was debunked years ago.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I ate nothing but raw fruit, nuts, and veggies a couple of years ago for about 3 months and I never felt better in my life. I had so much stamina, energy, and good spirits it was ridiculous, and I was smiling way too much. Lol. However, I didn't go by any recipes or menus, I kept it simple. Also, I didn't intentionally set out to do it, there was just a period in my life when for some reason I could not stand to eat anything except fresh fruit, nuts, and sometimes fresh veggies. It was mostly fruit I consumed. Wish I could still do it but I crave meat often now and I like my meat cooked. :) Here's a sample menu plan I found for you, but maybe you already came across it. http://www.welikeitraw.com/rawfood/2006/08/sample_raw_food.html Good luck in your raw endeavor, it's wonderful and I wish I could live by it!
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 11:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• This is a great e-book with tons of pictures!
    http://c768b7tgvjj6a-c42d7lpmxx3r.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=RAW
    livingeasymommy

Answer by livingeasymommy at 9:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2011