what to do????

So a couple of months ago my son started going to sunday school at a local church. Then we happen to be busy alot and he didnt go for at least two or three months. Then she sent him a email telling him that god is angry because he doesnt go to church right. So I was angry and I sent her a message telling her that god isnt angry at him and I dont like her telling my son things like that. Well she denied sending me the email. But then when I sent her a copy of it she started saying she didnt remember and she was sorry. I told her that we will be busy until after the holiday and I will make it his choice whether he wanted to go. So then she keeps sending messages and calling because she wants him to go. How do I handle this? What would you do?

momof5kidz

Asked by momof5kidz at 3:36 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in General Parenting

• i wouldnt go there anymore. thats kinda weird, and very pushy.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Who is "She"? Is it a Sunday school teacher? Tell her she needs to back off and that since he is your child you will be responsible for his spiritual upbringing. If she doesn't stop maybe talk to a church elder. Sounds like she is being a little obsessive about your son.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• If the Sunday school teacher won't stop, even though you have requested her to do so, speak to the pastor of the church and have him speak to the teacher.
    Anonymous

• Yes she is the sunday school teacher. My son decided not to go anymore and if she calls me one more time I will talk to the pastor. thanks
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 3:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• sounds more like a cult than a sunday school! if you or your son want to go to church, find a legitimate one to attend together when you please. all churches encourage members to attend regularly, but threatening e-mail is not typical protocol. that's just plain creepy...
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 7:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I would not wait till she calls again. I would contact the pastor of the church and let him/her know why your son will no longer be attending the church. These kind of scare tactics are exactly why so many people arent comfortable with organized religion.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2008