when can i feed my 6 month old son meet

kristinad99

Asked by kristinad99 at 11:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started mine around 7-8 months. I diced up chicken and he loved it even though he was never wild  about meat flavored baby food.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Now if you want... just mash/puree it really well.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• my daughter has been eatting meals with the family since 6 mths...all i did was take whatever we were haven for dinner but with out spices hers was cooked with nothing on it and put it in the blender...she loves it...i cant get her to touch baby food
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 3:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• If you haven't introduced it yet, I would mix 1/4tsp. to his other baby food and try that with every meal for 4 days. A lot of babies are allergic to different things, so if he doesn't develop a rash, or excessively cry or anyother weird symptom, you should know he probably doesn't have a reaction and you can start adding more to his cereal.

3 Tbsp. Rice Cereal
    3 1/2 Tbsp Sterile/Bottled water
    2 tsp Banana
    2 tsp Apple sauce
    2 tsp Veggie(green beans and carrots are the easiest and they don't cause gas)
    1/4 tsp Meat(until you find no allergy) Beef and liver are good to start out with, they are the least abrasive to their stomach.

Mix all baby food together very well and heat until warm in microwave. Be sure and check food on lip before giving to baby.

Babies prefer warm and sweet things just like mom's milk so they will eat more if its mixed together and warmed.
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 8:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• It depends on if he is ready or not, and only you would know that. Have you tried feeding him fruits and veggie's first? Gradually work up to the meat. Dont jump in and give that to him first. Good Luck!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 8:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2008