how could any parent?

I dont understand how any parents can hurt there child? I keep reading about the caylee story and its so sad but the sad thing is shes not the only child out there who has been killed buy her own mother. I mean what goes through someones mind to do that? I know we all have bad days with our kids its not easy but to harm them.
Any idea ladies??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I have no idea. I hate hearing about it too but I don't understand how the parents of Baby Peter did that or how that poor 5 month old sat in a room for 8 days screaming until his death. He was found with his little fists clenched together :( Some freaking sicko's..Then Caylee...He have yet to find out how she died.
    Anonymous

• I dont know sometimes I get frusterated with mine and I would never intent to harm or literally injur my children. Im really sad about that little girl and all the missing children in this world and what they might be going through. I am blessed that I have my children and I love everyday being with them. I dont know what I would do without them. I cant tell you what goes through peoples mind when hurting innocent children. But they are literally sick in the head. It just makes me sick to my stomach when I hear stuff like that.
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 3:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I hate hearing these stories too. I always think that if you don't want your child, then there are so many other people that would be glad to have him or her. I live around the area where they found precious doe and it just makes me want to cry whenever I think of such sweet innocent children going through so much. It's heartbreaking.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I have lots of ideas and I do know why. As a therapist who has worked with trauma, abuse, ect..there are many reasons. If you are serious and really want to understand PM and I can give you the name of several good books. Makes for dry reading because it is mostly meant for professionals but I believe the general public should be educated more on the why's. One particular book is called Why Mother's Kill and is written by an FBI profiler. It is really great and covers a lot of ground. There are just too many reasons and too complex to cover in a post in a thread, but I really do believe we should all be aware so that we know the warning signs when a friend, family member, student, ect.. may be in trouble.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 3:49 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Not every individual should be a parent. Just because you can procreate does not mean you should.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 3:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i can tell you from personal experiance that some mothers just can't controll themselves sometimes
    i am bi-polar and sometimes i feel like harming my children, i never have though, thank god!!!
    i call my hubby when i feel like that and am not allowed by myself with the kids untill i don't feel that way any more
    some mothers don't have the support they need or don't even know that there is something wrong with them
    it's still sick and heartbreaking, but SOMETIMES, not always, there is a story behind the story
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 4:36 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• My mother is not mental ill, she is just garbage and abused all of us. She threatened to kill me with a butcher knife when I was younger to a case worker and nothing major was done. She said she was going to chop me up into little pieces. I was only removed from the house for a short time and returned. This was before child abuse laws became really strict. She works for the Government and knows lots of people, so, this might have something to do with it.

Evil parents live among us every where.

Anonymous

• Some people shouldn't be parents, true. But many normal, loving parents just get pushed around the bend and one quick, badly thought out reaction can have dire consequences. I think that is what usually happens. A parent gets pushed too far by all of lifes trials, and pushes the child or hits the child, the child falls and gets badly hurt or even killed. The injury or death was not intended but happens anyway.
    If you have never been pushed to that edge, be glad. If you have never suffered from PPD or any other mental illness, be glad. It is a horrible feeling to not be in complete control of your thoughts, feelings, and actions.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• And no, it is never OK to push or hit a child. I'm just saying that if you have never reached that point in your life, have never been so upset that you can barely control yourself, be glad.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I feel like I could lose it sometimes, but when I feel that way I send my 5 yr. old to his room or put my 18 mnth. old in his crib until I calm myself down. My son is old enough to see when I am getting frusterated so a lot of times he'll go to his room on his own. That was a big wake up call for me and what helped me calm down faster. No matter what problems you face your child's not the one who caused them so to punish a child that severely or to kill the child for your bad day is inexcusable.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 6:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2008