Advice PLEASE!

My SO is so distant! He won't talk to me about anything emotional. he says its because thats just not how he is...which in many ways I understand. But when it comes to issues between us I need communication! I am better off talking to the wall! Anybody else like this? What do you do to deal with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• I know what you mean! I've even told him the wall thing ! lol no lie. How do I deal? Get super pissed...
    Anonymous

• mine is the same way. i dont deal with it it has eaten away at me so bad i dont think we will last much longer. i hate to see it come to this but i dunno what to do
    Anonymous

• Tell him outright, "look, a relationship doesn't maintain itself", and bring up the issues you want to talk about. Remind him that you love him and HE LOVES YOU. That should get him to come around
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• You have to decide if this is how you want to live for the rest of your life. If it's not, then go now. This is a character trait. It has been inbred in him for his whole life. It is very unlikely to change. He already told you that this is who he is.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• my dh is the same way but it got so bad we fought and still do sometimes so we got outside help to communicate better and its working but he has lots of other issues so its harder sometimes than others
    hedtrippe

Answer by hedtrippe at 4:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2008