What do you do with your cats when you have to shampoo your rugs

i have to clean my rugs but don't want to harm my cat is there a pet friendly formula or should i take her somewhere else(only option would be paying a kitty babysitter

krissii

Asked by krissii at 12:53 AM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Pets

• I've never had problems with cats and shampooing rugs. The cats just curl up somewhere else until the rugs are dry.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 1:03 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I put mine in the bathroom til the carpets dry. Put food and water and litter pan in there. Or in the laundry room.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 1:04 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I would put them in the basement for the day. And when I had my apartment I would put them in the bathroom.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 1:17 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• My mom used to close our cats in the bathroom or basement when she was doing the carpets, the cats were fine with being closed in a space. (they hated the noise of the shampooer and would hide anyway when it was running)
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:44 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• will the chemicals hurt my cat she would be fine in the bathroom just worried about the chemicals
    krissii

Comment by krissii (original poster) at 1:46 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• HOME DEPOT SELLS ODORBAN....VERY GOOD STUFF OK AROUND ANIMALS....AND WALMART SELLS STUFF TO CLEAN CARPETS YOU CAN FIND IT IN THE PET ASILE LIKE WHERE THE DOG BOWLS ARE AND ALL ALSO ANIMAL FRIENDLY IVE USED BOTH.....AND I HAVE 4 CATS AND 2 DOGS INSIDE AND ONE DOG OUTSIDE
    MRZDAUGHERTY

Answer by MRZDAUGHERTY at 3:46 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Do you have a laundry room? That's where I put mine. Otherwise the bathroom is a good option.
    clumm

Answer by clumm at 7:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Hell i never do anything with them. they steer clear of the machine and don't seem to mind the wet rug. If i can walk on it and my kids can then the cats can
    kansasmom1978

Answer by kansasmom1978 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2011