Babikinis? Would you???

http://abcnews.go.com/US/babikinis-young-young/story?id=13864343#.Tfu0FQ20zBc;facebook

Is it "risky" to put your infant/toddler/child in one of these?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• i dont see the problem w/ a toddler in a 2 piece so long as its not one that looks like it was made to hold in boobs (the triangle type)...thats just makes me question the reason it was bought. but at this stage boys & girls chests look the same & there really isnt anything sexual about it.

and like Gingerwheel said, pedophiles will attack a girl no matter what...a bathing suit top isnt going to cause or prevent it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• A pedophile will attack a toddler whether she is in a one suit or a two piece.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 1:11 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Oh I saw the link you left and I think it is really cute! I do think it is a cute opportunity for a photo op! Personally I do not think it is risky at this age. I know there is a sexual link to women in bikinis, but I do not see that same link to babies in bikinis. My father is italian/romanian and when I was born he wanted to name me a sexy name "Monique" so I would grow to be confident with my feminity. My family never tried to "protect" me from sexuality, but they sure did educate me well. I remained a "good girl" always. I am not sure why some women shun things like this. I did raise an eyebrow for the padded bras for 7 year olds but only because a 7 year old has no boobies to push up!!!

Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 1:08 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I think they are a little too grown up looking for babies. I like my baby to be in a cute two piece with big ol' ruffles on her butt. I think the string bikini would be annoying to the little ones and they would probably keep trying to pull at them.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 1:16 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• When they are babies or toddlers with no shape,no figure, what would be so bad about them wearing a baby bikini? HAs the USA suddenly become uptight and fearful and Puritanical?
    I don't like to see teens in bikinis because THAT is too sexual and too suggestive. But babies and toddlers are cute./ Silly to worry about it.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• not just riskey but sick in my opinion. who puts their daughter in this out in public? why do they need a bikini? they have no boobs so the top is meant to bring attention to their baby bodies and their tied at the hips bottoms are also meant to bring attention to their infant bodies!!! who can we think of who wants to look at that? hhhmmmm pedophiles!!! thats who.
    takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 1:06 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Nasty, I can see the little watermelon bikinis that cover up completely you know the cute ones, but there are too many predators in the world, why give them ideas..

Just like short hunting for my teen and pre teen, what happen to shorts longer covering the butt cheeks. They are helping our kids grow too fast...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• ok i have a little problem with the top JUST being triangles....other then that i think i would get one when i have a daughter in a few years...if ever lol
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 1:21 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• HELL NO! Two pieces are inappropriate for young children regardless of age. Earlier today, I saw this little girl no older than two walking down the street in a two piece leopard print bikini with sunglasses on. Even my eight year old son said "where's her clothes?" smh, unfortunately we can't tell people how to raise their children, but my daughter WILL NOT be in a two piece anytime soon!
    JusNikki

Answer by JusNikki at 11:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I see nothing wrong with it. People let their baby girls walk around in just a diaper at the beach all the time, why is a 'bikini' worse than that?

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:57 AM on Jun. 19, 2011