Period in beginning of Pregnancy? (sorta long) --sorry...

I walked into my moms to drop my son off before work this evenign and she asked if I was pregnant because she just felt it and had felt it all week... She normally is right with her gut feelings. Of course I jumped her case and got defensive and said no it ain't even possible.. But laying here tonight I started to wonder because last week it crossed my mind when I threw up for no reason. (I'm not buying a test). I looked back at my calendar and we had sex like two or three times the day I ovulated and day before back in May. I am pretty sure I had a normal period although I don't think it lasted long. I just don't understand the concept of having your period during pregnancy, since my first pregnancy I missed my period and that's how I knew I was pregnant. Anyone have this happen and you bleed and you did end up finding out you were pregnant? Idk I'm not gonna worry about it much, but just curious how common or rare it is....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I bled often with 2nd pregnancy and thought I was clear at false start of period before 3rd pregnancy

wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 1:12 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• It's possible to bleed during pregnancy, but it is NOT a period if you are actually pregnant.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 1:14 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• i had my period when i was pregnant so i had in my head i wasnt pregnant even though i was sick as could be and had all the signs
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 1:14 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• How about you buy a test instead of going on your mother's gut feelings or just ignoring it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I know it wouldn't be called your period, but really didn't have any definition because to my knowledge right now it was my period, but Ihaven't started yet for June and I really don't feel like buying a test.. I mean Idk shouldn't you know you are pregnant a month and a half after ovulation/sex..? Anyone not know until later?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:17 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I would rather not see a negative even though we aren't actively trying.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:18 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Well if you had it the whole pregnancy, do you know how common or rare it is?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:21 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Yes, a month and half after ovulation you would know. It is called the 2 week wait because most ppl know after 2 weeks. You should find out so you can get on your prenatals if need be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I have known of this happening one of my customers (very close, ive worked their going on 3 yrs) told me b4 my maternity leave that she bled the first 3 months of her pregnancy and it was like her period so she thought it was til she went to her dr and had a test. GL I hope it works out however you want!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 1:25 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I have something called a subchorionic hemorrhage. It's a bubble/spot where the placenta separates or failed to attach to the uterine wall and causes bleeding. i thought I was miscarrying but an ultrasound ( and several since then) showed the baby growing and a strong heart beat. Also a good tech should be able to pinpoint the "bleed" if that's what it is.

On the other hand the first time I got pregnant I started bleeding the same day and found out it was an ectopic which could have been deadly if undetected.

Bottom line- take a test!
    Tkelly3

Answer by Tkelly3 at 1:28 AM on Jun. 18, 2011