My 2yr old son has been sticking his hands down my shirt, and i dont know what to do is this normal?

he was exclusively formula fed.. i dk y he would do this my bff who we see all the time has a newborn who is bf'ed maybe thats why? i dk what to do this is not ok and i tell him that but he wont stop.. anyone else gone thourgh this plz help

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My two year old twins do this to me from time to time. I don't say anything to them because I don't think there's anything wrong with it.
    Now if they were say 4 or 5 and always trying to touch me then I might have an issue with it.
    I find with many things like that, if you just ignore it/don't react much these things stop on their own.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• My daughter is 2-1/2 and is doing this too. I think they like seeing our reactions when we tell them to stop. Pretty normal from what I understand.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 3:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• It's normal and little girls do it also. Just move his hand out of your shirt and keep doing that and also keep telling him no or no thank you. It'll stop eventually.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• my son is 18months and he used to do that alot, i just took his hand out sad, no meanly, and gave him something else to do... now he only does it maybe once every two months... hes improved
    sexymommy87

Answer by sexymommy87 at 6:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Why isn't it okay?
    My BFed daughter LOVES boobies, although it's only mine and her grandmother's she touches. I'm fine with her touching mine, because I am not ashamed of my breasts. It's okay for her to get to know how breasts feel. There is nothing sexual in it.
    Half the fun with her trying to cop a feel of my mom is that my mom puts a stop to it- it's a game, really..
    The words I use in that situation is reinforcing "those are Gram's boobies, for Gram to touch. You can touch your own boobies."
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 7:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Telling a child "it's not okay" isn't going to stop their behaviour because they don't understand WHAT is not okay. You need to explain yourself- in words your child can understand.
    Explain that they are mommy's boobies, for mommy to touch, and redirect him to his own body to touch.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 7:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I remember my niece being fasinated with my sisters breasts for a good 2 years from 2 to 4 years old - she out grew it.. Its more than likely a phase.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2008