Just wondering

again,
I heard there might be laws against the burqua or face veil on Muslim women (yes it's still going on) not only in France but in Canada and the US, do you agree with their decisions?

I personally don't... it's their choices to wear whatever they want right? Why take it away?

SamJ321

Asked by SamJ321 at 2:08 AM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• They couldn't do that in the USA because it is a religious thing for Muslim females, correct? Freedom of religion.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:13 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Yea won't pass in the US, any asshole out there can put crap all over their face but you can't have a religious covering...blah. pardon my French JMO..
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 2:18 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• this is america. if you come here, speak FLUENT english and follow american customs. My personal opinion
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 2:21 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• there is a "lady" here in Everett, WA who STILL wears a burqu(sp) I want to SMACK her. It's not "religious" for her (I worked with her for 2-3 weeks so I know its not). Im sorry my brothers & sisters in the military are dying every day to get these women freedoms from crap like that & this *itch STILL does it. Im a Navy vet btw.
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 2:49 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

Your answer is kind of makes me sick. The military is fighting for a lot of reason and you are correct one is too help get women freedom from oppression however true freedom means that women should be able to CHOOSE to wear whatever they want... I mean really telling women they're not allowed to wear something is hardly the way to improve their human rights. For you to call her a bitch because she chooses to wear a garment that she feels is important to her (for WHATEVER reason) is just plain ignorant and wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I think that if every citizen who gets a driver's license or picture ID has to have a clear pic of their face on it (not just their eyes) that religion should not exempt anyone. Driving is a privilege, not a 'right'. Entering a building or attending an event that requires a picture ID is a choice. Those who choose to refuse to have their picture taken are also making a choice to not do things that require them. We deny others the 'right' to carry or wear certain religious symbols at work, at school, etc. There is definitely precedent for denying the 'right' to wear a burqa for a picture ID. It is a choice; no one deserves 'special' treatment.

If a Bible, a cross, a Nativity, a single verse written or carved, or any other item must be removed because it causes offense, a burqa is no more 'special'. It's a two way street ... or do we need sensitivity training so people understand/accept Christianity like they have for Islam?
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 4:36 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• bowing down@ farmlady09!

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:30 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• bowing down..............for farmlady!  I couldn't have said it better myself!

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:39 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I respect the idea of removing it for priveledges like a drivers license or for safety issues in a line of work.

But denying the choice to wear it when there's nothing like that in the picture, I think is wrong and disrespectful of a woman's choices and beleifs.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 11:04 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• A law forbidding it won't happen here in the United States, the D.L. thing has already happened, been to court and lost. You must show us who you are if want the privilege of driving in this country..
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 11:05 AM on Jun. 18, 2011