Do you make your kids sleep in their own bed?

I have a special needs son(15YO) and he dont always want to sleep in his room/bed. I am fine with this as long as he gets some sleep. he has always been this way from infant to present

RobinChristine

Asked by RobinChristine at 2:39 AM on Jun. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• we try to, but if she wants in the bed then we let her. unless DH is cranky haha
    mitsukai127

Answer by mitsukai127 at 2:53 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• i try to but its hard when we share a room with ds(3.5yrs). before we moved he slept in his bed almost all the time unless he didnt feel good or something happened...(ex. idiot shooting off a gun into the air at my apt complex)
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 9:17 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I try to make sure she sleeps in her bed but sometimes if she has had a bad dream or is sick I just let her sleep with me.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 9:19 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Yes. every night. The only exception in the last year was when my DD had an ear infection and was only not crying when held. For the most part I will go sit with them in their room if they are sick or scared until they feel better or fall asleep.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:20 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Yes, always at night. I let them nap on the couch or on my bed and they'll come in, in the morning and we'll cuddle in my bed, but they always sleep in their beds at night.
    The only other exception is if they are sick, I let them sleep on the couch right outside my room.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 9:21 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• My kids have always slept in their own beds and have never wanted to sleep in our bed... I need my room...lol - heck the husband only gets like 1/3 of our king bed because of my body pillow..
    OctMommyof3

Answer by OctMommyof3 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• My kids had always slept with me (all 3 at the same time) since they were born, husband slept in the kids room to get sleep, ( it was all good though) When my youngest was 2 1/2 we did up their rooms and put them in their own beds. They took to it really well. But I missed them. One night i went to go lay down with my youngest and he said " What are u doing, you got your own bed!" I started laffing and went to my own bed!!! From then on i made sure that they stayed in their beds. If they were sick or scared i would lay with them till they fell asleep.
    LeslieXXX

Answer by LeslieXXX at 1:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Yup. She just got a new, big girl, full sized bed that she loves. She sleeps in her own room all night. She has since she was out of the crib. Thankfully, she never gives us problems. We go through our routine, and she's asleep within 5-10 minutes and sleeping through the night more often than not.The only exceptions are when she's sick or has had really bad dreams that she can't shake, which has been rare thankfully. She does come in on weekend mornings for snuggle time, and occasionally if it's too early, we'll all snooze together for another hour or so.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 1:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Every night. The only time our kids have ever slept in our bed is the first week or so of their lives (for the first 3, never for the last 2). They are never allowed in our bed for any reason. In fact it rarely even comes up. They would never think to ask to sleep in our bed because it has never been allowed.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2011