When you die, how do you

want your body to be taken care of? Buried? Cremated? Other? Years back, families bought burial plots early in life. I do not think this is as common today because life expectancy is longer.

Tetona

Asked by Tetona at 3:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm an organ donor so after they take what they can use I want to be cremated and then my family can do what they please with the ashes. That's what we did when my mom died. Me, my dad and my brother each got a little pendant with some of her ashes in them and the rest are in a box in my dad's room. When he dies he wants the same treatment. Then I'm to mix his ashes in with my mom, drive out west somewhere and scatter them to the wind to be together for eternity. They were together almost 29 years (their anniversary was the week after my mom died) when she died in 2000. I don't think my dad will ever get over losing her.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I want all working organs to be donated, then what's left of me to be cremated.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 3:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i am an organ donor and after its done i want 2 be cremated
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Being an organ donor makes me think that they will not try hard enough to save you if you were in an accident because they want your organs. Is that wrong to think?
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 3:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• After any usable organs have been donated, I would prefer that my remains be cremated and the ashed interred at a cemetery so there is a place for people to visit when they grieve. But I suspect my family may prefer a burial, which is fine with me. I don't really care, since none of that is really about me and my preferences anyway. I'll already be onto the next thing and I'll be all done with this body, so my family can do whatever makes them happy.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:57 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Tetona, I won't say that is wrong for you to think that, but I don't think it is true. Why would your life be any less valuable to the doctor working on you than someone needing an organ? Any doctor worth his salt is going to do his/her best to save your life! I'm an organ donor too. After my viable organs are used, I could care less what happens to the rest of my body! Whatever would bring my family more comfort would be fine with me.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 4:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I want to be buried. I already have my plot, and a headstone with my name on it. My husband died 3 years ago when I was 25, so while its uncommon... for me it makes sense.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Cremated.

And scattered all over the world
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 4:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• buried cause on the day that Jesus comes back im coming out of that grave...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• cremation. I want my ashes spread in places that I loved to visit.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2008