My son is STILL AWAKE!! and im ill please help me!!

It is 2:48am right now. My son is 17 months old and I have just started making him sleep in his own bed about 3 nights ago and he was in his bed by 10pm!

He usually gets up around 9am and takes a nap around 12 or 1pm. Well he took one at 4pm until 5pm today but I stil don't see y he would be up this late! He isn't crying or nothin but he will just lay in the bed with his eyes wide open and say somethin everynow and then and move. Its kinda freakin me out but im losing my cool.

I got so ill with him an spanked him on his thigh. I feel so bad but im literally Losin it. What could be wrong with him? And me! Am I horrible mother?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 AM on Jun. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Ok, sweetie, calm down. It will be all right. he is just not sleeping. If he isn't crying, just tell him that mommy will need to go to sleep now, and he needs to stay in his bed. He will be all right. There is nothing weird about him not crying and not sleeping. He just had a late nap. You are doing fine.
    martine1778

Answer by martine1778 at 4:01 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• If you need some sleep, and he won't co operate with the new bed, maybe go back to him sleeping with you just for one night. So you can sleep. But if he isn't crying...maybe he is fine and will stay put. No nap after 2 now, maybe. OK...good luck, and good night!
    martine1778

Answer by martine1778 at 4:05 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• HE WILL EVENTUALLY FALL ASLEEP.....LET HIM JUST LAY THERE FOR A WHILE
    MRZDAUGHERTY

Answer by MRZDAUGHERTY at 4:09 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Its just driving me crazy. I actually just got him up and came into the livingroom hopin he will play himself out. I've been getting ill with him alot here lately bc he is o mean, gets nto everything, and does eVerything he knows hes not suppose to do. And i cant go piss without him screaming. He's with me 24/7 and noone wants to keep him to give me a little break. Not even his own daddy who I'm married to and lives here. Its like when he gets home from work hes even too tired to spend time with his son. I think I nwed help, like someone to talk to or somethin ):
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:11 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I did have him in the bed wIth me and we literaly layed there for an hour and a half until I got up. But thanks good night to you!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:13 AM on Jun. 18, 2011