Am I being bossy?

I am getting married this fall.And my fiance has two adult children 18 &21.And my soon to be step son told his Dad That I am bossy thats why that Him and his sister dont come around much when I am around.And here is two different scenarios that they kids have mentioned this to their father.

My stepson just got his license and his first vehicle,So He got auto mobile insurance on his 1979 toyota pick up and the insurance is 387.00 a month strictly liabilty.We where talking one day about how much it cost.I turned to my stepson and said Keep with this company for six months and after that time call other insurance agents to discuss more econamical (he was really upset over the 387.00 it cost him to insure such a old vehicle.But He was told that his age and not having drivers license long and brand new insurance

I have two adult kids of my own and suggested the same idea to both mine in the beginning and they both took the suggestion called around and saved a lot of money.Both of his kids have cussed their father out due to him not giving them rides or buying a soft drink.Or that he is a piece of crap becasuse we went camping alone for 2 days for Our birthdays

thefriend

Asked by thefriend at 3:58 AM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• No you are not! You are being helpful when you said that about the insurance. He is a new driver and a older car. 387 is kinda a good price. My sister just got her own and she is a new driver and has a newer car and it is 456 a month!

You have a right to go away. It was for your birthdays. The kids are old enough not to have you guys there.

My father is also getting married and my sister is being the same way. It is more of a show. they are trying to push their limits with you! Dont let them get to you!! Once they see that it doesnt bother you they will most likely stop!!

Good luck =)
    ljmommy1211

Answer by ljmommy1211 at 4:05 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Another instance is when one of the new kids came in and asked if anyone that could get some pain medication for their mom she hurt her finger at work.And I said you donot need to be looking for meds for your mom,And the reply was ITS FOR MY MOM
    thefriend

Comment by thefriend (original poster) at 4:09 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Wow, these are damaged kids. Are you sure you want to marry in to that mess? It's not like they will go away
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Do they live with their father? If they do, do not marry until they leave the home. Life will be hell.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:37 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Do you think that the moms that answer you on here are being bossy when they give you advice, or someone else advice? Whether people like the advice or not is irrelevant, it's advice. No one is being bossy, they aren't telling you that you HAVE to do this or else, they are offering you suggestions on how to make your life better. These kids are just little brats and at their age should not be all in a bunch because their daddy isn't with their mommy, which is what it sounds like to me.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Wow, they wanted to help their mom and you said they don't need to? I was right with you until then, that is bossy and mean.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:12 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I vote not bossy
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 12:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• my son been little bossy think he my mom
    yvonne1111

Answer by yvonne1111 at 8:11 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• my mom try be bossy i grown now
    yvonne1111

Answer by yvonne1111 at 8:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• my family try bossy me around
    yvonne1111

Answer by yvonne1111 at 8:13 AM on Jun. 20, 2011