My sister in law is driving me crazy!!!

Okay my sister in law is about 10 weeks now. If that. But she is just Lazy!!! She makes my brother do everything and she claims she cant do it because she is Pregnant!!! It is driving me crazy!! I was taking care of my ex boyfriends two year old in the middle of summer in the heat in the south!! I was also 6 7 months pregnant!!!

We asked if they wanted to go to the beach she claims she cant because the heat and carrying around the baby is to much!! so not even two weeks later she comes down for the weekend with us!!

She talks like a baby, she leaves her food and bowls and plates every where. She complains about everything. I know i am complaining now but i am just so annoyed. My brother totally agrees with me about how she is still able to do stuff on her own she is not even showing. But will not say anything to here. I try to be nice. But i have done that. She quit her job because she said she could not do it because of the baby!!! I told her I would have cloths if it is a boy and she sat there and complained how she wanted new stuff!! How my stuff is out dated.. My son was born in dec 2007. Half the cloths still have tags on. And she claims the crib is not good enough! She will sit there and start fights and she will also get all mad and start acting like my three year old!!!

Can anyone help??? I have gotten to the point i wanna say something and I dont care if i hurt her feelings.... But i also dont want my brother mad at me.

ljmommy1211

Asked by ljmommy1211 at 4:35 AM on Jun. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• She's getting on my nerves just by reading this lol. It seems like she want a lot of attention. It sounds like this may be her first child..is it? Either way its no excuse, but I don't think you should confront her it'll just bite you in the butt later. I know its hard not saying something instead just state a fact like when she says wow im exhausted. Say to her do you know the baby is the size of a grain of rudest (fill in the blank ) months. I think she is using the pregnancy to be lazy ..but hey who am I to say lol
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 4:45 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Its time to say something what is she going to say when the child comes oh I had a baby.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:51 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• did you try to talk to her ? if she cant understand ask her help !!! give her something to do !!! something not hard and told her i see you lasy and here a litlle thing for you so u can feel normal mom and this is just to give u courage !!! .... sorry i though she's just sick like me .. but know i see she's fakin it !!!!
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 6:31 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Well what you are saying is right!!!! And yes it is But instead of making everyone else misable maybe you should enjoy it!! That is what I said you baby is not that big you dont have a belly I could understand if you had this hugh baby stomach you dont. She spend my brothers money on anything and everything. Like two days ago she brought two hamsters!!! Why??? She doesnt have a real doctor. She waits till the last min for everything!! I try to stay away from here. We have a big 4th of July party and she was sitting there saying how my brother cant drink because she cant and if he does she will leave him and we will not see the baby!!! at that point i just wanna hit her!!! she is so bitchy!!!
    ljmommy1211

Comment by ljmommy1211 (original poster) at 4:51 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• She thinks it a game!! and I am a single mother I know what it is like and when I try and explain what she needs and what is going to happen. She gets all oh this is my kid

Like there was some comment today like Oh you give your kid what ever he wants i am not going to be like that I am not going to make my kid Spoiled!!!! Like what right does it give you to judge my kid. All i could say is good luck and we will see about that. It is their first child and it is going to have whatever it wants.

On top of that everyone thinks she planned it because she told my brother and all of us that she was on Birth control which I took her to get. My brother finds it about a week ago and only two pills are gone. So she lied about even taking them!!!
    ljmommy1211

Comment by ljmommy1211 (original poster) at 4:57 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• hold on here !!! u never been prego !!! or u'r just lucky been ok while prego !!!! im 12 wks and feelll totally sick ... cant do anythink at home ....mu hunny do help me but my FAMILLY IN LAW they do the cleaning and everything for me ..even cook and bring me to home everything even salad !!!! ... i'm happy cause of all of them and i feel lucky that my sister in law she helps me a lots ..and call me every day and specillay everymorning to know if im sleepin well ..... why don't you just understand for a while her sickness hein ??? and after all its between her and her Man ...
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 5:48 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I have had a baby!!! He is three now. I never felt sick or anything when it came to it!!! Also she lives in my house. I see her every day. I have never once seen her get sick!!! My bed room is right next to the bath room and I can hear the door!!! She is "fine" When her friends want to go out!!! So if she is so sick to work .Than she shouldn't be going out with her friends two mins after my brother leaves l Yes i know people can totally feel sick. I was there for my sister when she was. But it is also the fact that she sits on the phone and says how she shouldn't have to do anything because he got her in this mess She sits there and says how she feels fine to everyone but me my father and my brother!!! I would totally understand if i didn't think she was faking it! Im sorry you are getting sick. But I truely believe she is just lazy only because she did the same thing before know she was!!! and for last year for that matter
    ljmommy1211

Comment by ljmommy1211 (original poster) at 6:02 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• You have too much on your plate to worry about her. Ignore her and her complaints ask and then forget it. The sooner she realizes that her complaining and rudeness is going to get no reaction the sooner it will stop.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:21 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• I don't know what's the the level of trust between you and your SIL but I would be offended if my SIL came and gave me her hand-me-downs. Is your SIL's first pregnancy. She should be dealing with her DH (your brother) about ANY issues concerning the pregnancy. And don't worry too much sometimes even though we want to let other people how lovely and caring we are still others might not like us specially in-laws.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 7:24 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Do you charge her rent?? If not I would start. Let her know women have been giving birth and getting preggo since the dawn of time. I would tell her to suck it up, get a job and start acting like an adult. If she can't clean up after herself or anything let her go live with one of these great friends....

As far as being sympathetic, I have four children and each pregnancy is different. My last one I had after the auto accident so I had all the complications of being confined to a wheelchair and my other health issues on top of being pregnant. I never used any of it as an excuse. Being 10 to 12 weeks pregnant is uncomfortable but a lame excuse to think everyone should wait on you hand and foot. You are only pregnant, not terminally ill... damn, grow up.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:15 AM on Jun. 18, 2011