Help! Motivation needed !

Ever heard Bruno Mars' Lazy Song? Well, that's me today. I'm in so much pain ..even my ears are sore. Been working out really hard and lately, I'm loosing steam. I have sabotaged my clean diet ALL week and didn't even go to the gym yesterday and today. My excuse is that it's pouring but the rain's never stopped me before. I'm going to pretend they are my rest-days but I'm afraid I might do it again 2mrrw.

I'd love a full body massage but cant afford it so I'm just gonna pop some painkillers but I can't even rest vos I'm alone with my 5 and 1 year olds. Please, please, give me advice , encouragement , kick-in-the-butt , whatever it takes. PLEASE! Sob sob!

whiskey80

Asked by whiskey80 at 4:56 AM on Jun. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Are you sick or sore from working out? If you're sick don't go. If you're sore maybe do cardio or work whatever part of your body isn't sore. But I know what you mean!!! Get up and do some jumping jacks and get that song outta your head!!! DO IT! If you don't go today you'll be mad at yourself tomorrow. You know what they say GO HARD OR GO HOME! YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET RESULTS BY WISHING YOU HAD THEM, YOU HAVE TO MAKE THEM HAPPEN!!!! YOU SLACKED OFF NOW IT'S TIME TO GET BACK ON TRACK! IT'S NOW OR NEVER! EVERYTHING YOU'VE DONE SO FAR, DO YOU WANT IT TO BE A WASTE? A WASTE OF TIME AND ENERGY? OR DO YOU WANT IT TO COUNT FOR SOMETHING? EVERYDAY YOU GO TO THE GYM IT'S ONE STEP CLOSER TO YOUR GOAL! YOU CAN DO IT! YOU CAN! YOU SLIPPED UP NOW IT'S TIME TO MOVE PAST THAT AND GET BACK INTO YOUR GROOVE! GET UP! GET UP RIGHT NOW AND GO! DON'T DISAPPOINT YOURSELF! GO TO THE GYM OR GO RUN IN THE RAIN? YOU CAN DO IT AND YOU'LL FEEL GREAT!
    Naplesmommy03

Answer by Naplesmommy03 at 7:52 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• If u can give birth u can work out. Now get up.!!!!!
    Autiziumom

Answer by Autiziumom at 8:42 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Also, what about signing up for a 5k or something like that? Having a specific goal with a deadline is sometimes motivation enough to get you moving. I have my first half marathon coming up August 21, and I think about that when I want to slack off on a run. Gets me moving! I also think about women that have amazing bodies, and ask whether they let themselves slack off on a workout. They wouldn't look that way if they did!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Hope this helps! Now if only I could take my own advise! LOL NOW GET UP!!! Good luck! ;0)'
    Naplesmommy03

Answer by Naplesmommy03 at 7:55 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Pain killers won't help, that will make matters worse. If you are sore, check out some yoga or stretching exercise videos. Then just get up and do it, you'll feel better afterward.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 9:16 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Timeto write out a list of reasons WHY you're doing this in the first place. Everything from the health reasons to the vanity reasons. Post it somewhere that you'll see it all the time, and make yourself read it every day, aloud if that helps. Think about how much work you've put into what you've already accomplished, and whether you really want to lose everything you've worked SO hard for. Might he time to change up your workout. Try something new, have fun with it! This is the time of year for fun outside activities! Also, don't he afraid to cut yourself a break. We all burn out occasionally, and lose our motivation, but getting through thesetimes is THE biggest challenge to losing weight. You CAN push through this, and ONLY you can make that happen. Take a couple of days off, then go for a good workout. It will feel amazing! Feel free to PM me if you like!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2011