scary to think the people you leave your kids with.....

I just read a story online that happen back in sept down in new orleans where a babysitter of a 5month old got tired of hearing the baby cry so she put him in her dryer and he died. Does it scare you to think that we dont really know the people we leave our kids with??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in General Parenting

• Yes, that's why my kids only stay with people I know VERY well!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• yea it is scary i leave my dd with her gram and now my bf while im working but i still nervous bout them watching her cuz my bf is very impatient
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Yes that is why I will never put my kids into daycare. You never know who is actually watching your kids. I worked at three different daycares when I was younger and I would NEVER, EVER leave my kids with the people I worked with.
    Anonymous

• It's very scary, i've never left my children with someone unless i know them well. It's scary to think what might happen. And i really feel for the parents of that baby.x
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 4:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• thats why i would my kid never stay with a private nanny/babysitter... my daughter will go to daycare, where only well educated teacher work who actually have a degree in childcare and are never alone with the kids. its always two teacher with the group of kids :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i honestly dont think all daycares are bad. yeah im a stay at home mom but i will send my son to preschool. if i have to work before then then i will send him to a daycare i trust.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 4:36 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Wow.

I will NEVER hire a babysitter. When I need someone to watch my kid, I turn to FAMILY ONLY.
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• It can be scary, but keep in mind, stories like this are in the news because they are exceptions to the everyday reality. Most care providers do it because the truely love to care for children, and they are good at it. It's not like childcare is going to make anyone a milliionaire, so greedy, selfish people are actually pretty rare.

Still, I would make sure to check references or ask other parents before going to a daycare, and my babysitters are generally family members of students from my classes.
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 5:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I was very lucky and didn't have to place my older son in daycare until he was 2. I was also lucky in finding my provider. She was a heaven sent. I am a stay at home mom, for the time being, so I no longer require her services, but anyone living in Cleve. looking for reliable and trustworthy care from a loving woman feel free to contact me.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 6:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i don't leave my kids with anyone outside of close family, for any reason, ever!
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 7:49 PM on Dec. 12, 2008